I hate feeling "less than"

I lost my job on Saturday. I did not expect it. I had been having some health issues, which had some impact on things in my work environment. My supervisor had come to me on a few occasions and mentioned the issues that she was hearing about. My supervisor treated me like a problem and not as a person. I was only at this job for almost eight months. I was always respectful, even the times she did not respect my time, my life outside of the job, or me overall. I was good at my job. I was friendly to everyone I came in contact with. I always did my best at being kind and honest.

I won’t mention everything that happened because, at this point, it does not change anything. I am glad that I am no longer in a work environment with a supervisor who has conversations with me in the middle of places where other people can overhear things that I felt uncomfortable talking about in those situations, who belittles me and corners me into having a conversation with her and tells me that I am either fired or I put in my resignation. I will admit…I am not fully proud of how I handled our last conversation, but I did not deserve how I was treated. Her final straw was that she found out that I blocked her number due to her not respecting the boundaries that I had told her about. She had mentioned in monthly meetings that she was okay with people sending her emails or messaging on the company’s preferred app. I could point the finger at her and let anger brew within me, but I will not do that.

I am hurt. I feel “less than.” I am afraid that my depression will come back in full force. I hate crying every single day. I just hate this feeling.

5 Likes

Hi @StarFox

It makes me soooo angry when I hear about this kinda thing in the workplace. I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with it and how it’s effected you. I hope you will understand that her actions weren’t a reflection of you as a person, her actions are a reflection of her own personal demons.

Is there a way that you can make a report/complaint to their boss? Or even higher up? I don’t know why you were let go, but at least you can tell them how she treated you. She may have done it before, ya know? I think it’s worth a try if you really like your job.

It doesn’t matter who the person is, they have no right to treat you like that.

2 Likes

I honestly would not go back to my job. Yes, I loved it but it would not be the same. I am going to email the HR department, but I want some time to pass before I send it in because I do not want to say something I will regret later on. I will probably send something at the end of the week.

I was accepted into a program to pursue a teaching degree. I am really excited and looking forward to it. It fits my life goals much better than this previous job. I honestly do not understand how she got the position and how she is keeping the position.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

2 Likes

Wow, that sound exciting! Being a teacher is an awesome thing, my mother worked in our school district. I’m sure things will work out great for you.

One little bit of advice for your report to HR. I would print your letter out and sign it. Mail it to them and do it certified mail. This way, they have to sign for it and that verifies they received it. You’ll get a receipt in the mail to keep for your records. Emails can “get lost” so this covers that.

Hope this helps :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

@StarFox I am so glad that you are no longer in a job where you are being disrespected for no reason whatsoever, I hope you get a job that you enjoy a lot, You deserve it. I hate supervisors or bosses like this who just make fun of you and disrespect you. It makes my blood boil and I wish I could just hit them. You are not less than anything, If you ever need to talk. We got your back.

2 Likes

Hey @StarFox

So sorry that you went through 8 months of that toxic job. That sounds miserable. You didn’t deserve to be treated that way for sure. I am glad you are out of it, even if it was unexpected. Glad you are pursuing something that means more to you and have a bright future to look towards.

Take care/Mish

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.