I hate having to mask around normies

I been looking after my mom for a few weeks now after she fell and my emotional mask finally slipped Im stressed out like I’m sure they think all’s I do is sit around and do house work and play video games but like I have all my own anxieties about shit constantly I’m trying to figure out how the fuck to be a adult cuz no one taught me anything about this shit Im part of a generation that fights like a cornered racoon to keep anything even resembling human rights and our own fuckin sanity Im trans and live in a bad state to be trans in I’m always stuck looking after the house I just have so much that I have to hide

6 Likes

Hi @Derpplup, thank you for sharing with us.

I’m confident that your mom appreciates you and hope you take pride in caring for her; this can be so stressful and it takes a lot of strength to take care of another person.

Unfortunately, you’re right. Being trans in America can stink, particularly if you’re in a state that isn’t accepting of those identities. It sounds like this lack of acceptance combined with your mom’s condition and everything else going on in your life has become overwhelming to the point of exhaustion. All these emotions are completely valid and I feel for you—that’s really hard.

I hope that you find some time to relax (perhaps play some video games, if you enjoy those?), get some rest, or have a nice meal (or a treat, like ice cream?). After all, you’re doing so much and you deserve a chance to relax if that’s viable.

You’re valued and I’m glad that you’re sharing with us.

<3 Tuna

4 Likes

Hello again @Derpplup

I know your mother is forever grateful with you caring for her. I know it may not seem like it sometimes, and that it can be extremely difficult, but you’re doing your best and taking care of another person shows great resilience.

It is hard being trans in America, but in a state that is so unaccepting is so much harder for you. I can see how all your struggles are weighing you down to the point it feels like it’s unbearable. I would suggest finding a support group in some social media platform for the LGBTQ+ community to confide in and share your thoughts and feelings with how your state sees your identity. I also hope that you can find some relaxation time like tuna had suggested. Please, do the best you can to take care of yourself.

PS: there are different hotlines for the LGBTQ+ community. If you’d like, I can share some in another reply.

2 Likes

hey derplup, I wanted to check in on you and see how you’re going. It’s been such a stressful time for you. Taking care of someone is hard, mentally and physically is can be exhausting!
it breaks my heart hearing you’ve been holding this mask up, it’s almost like we have to filter ourselves for the benefit of those who don’t want to see something outside of themselves and it’s just not fair. No one should have to be afraid to be themselves and to be proud of themselves. Nobody should have to experience the pain of feeling they can’t be enough as they are.
I just want to remind you that you are worthy and you are loved. I hope that sometime this weekend you can enjoy video games without the stress of people judging you for it, do something that creates some peace from everything going on around you.

Hey friend.

It must have taken so much of your energy to take care of your mom lately. Taking care of someone the way you do can be really exhausting, both physically and emotionally, and it sounds that this has triggered some acute vulnerability for you. I’m really sorry that you’ve been having such a hard time, but also so very grateful that you keep opening up and allowing yourself to be honest about how you feel, away from the pressure of hiding any of it. I hope you make sure to take some time to relax and take care of yourself, a little bit everyday. Your body and mind may have higher need as your energy is also devoted to someone else. You deserve to be kind to yourself, more than ever. <3

1 Like