I hate my parents so much

I hate my parents. There, I said it. I don’t care if they gave me life, food, clothes or any bs sayings, “they’re your parents, you should respect them” fuck that. I didn’t went to school because I was sick, I’ve been sick for almost a week and my mom told me if I didn’t went to school or not. I honestly told her a “no” I told her why, but like always, she’s an ignorant bitch and has told me a million times already that I have to go back to school. I “yelled” at her because I already understood the first time she said it. Then I had to deal with the bastard of my father, i told him if he was angry and he said “you shouldn’t yell at your mother” first of all, you ugly bastard I did not yell at her. I told him like 2 times I didn’t yell at her but that whiny ass bastard didn’t want to accept it. I got angry and slammed his door and now I’m here… waiting to die and just thinking “why am I still here in this hellhole?” I’m done, we’ve always had fights like this and I’m not going to talk to those idiots anymore. I’m done.

1 Like

Maria,

Sounds like stuff with your parents is super frustrating. I don’t know the context obviously with what’s been going on, why you’ve been sick, the history with your parents etc. but I wanted to let you know that regardless of that history, you are loved and valued and that this is a safe place to tell your story.

If you are feeling suicidal or if you are in danger because you “slammed his door” there are people you can talk too or resources you can tap into through crisis numbers.

911 - if you are in the United States - that’s the easiest way to get support asap. Otherwise the suicide hotline offers a text support feature now too (thankfully). Please reach out there for a more rapid response!

Clicky: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/

DrD.

2 Likes

Have you tried to reason with them on how you feel?

yes, but they’re still ignorant, it didn’t work.

1 Like

I’m going to be very blunt with you here solely because, I relate because I don’t have a good relationship with my parents either. If you’ve at all spoke to them they way you have about them in this post, I would 100% understand why they feel like you are being disrespectful.

Now I don’t know how old are you, but if you’re over the age of 18 I would encourage you to get a job, save money, and move out if you honestly believe that your parents are that terrible and you can’t live with them anymore. From what you’ve explained it doesn’t seem like there’s any abuse going on, so getting the police involved isn’t really going to help you at all, rather it would make it worse.

What I’m about to tell you may upset you, and I’ll be honest I’m okay with that, because sometimes you need to hear the hard truth. It seems like you’re under 18, as your parents are forcing you to go to school so I assume you’re still in high school. If you continue to not go to school, without a doctors note, that’s called truancy and you can face charges/time in a juvenile detention center.

So you need to do one of two things, go to the doctor and get a doctors note, or just go to school. Unfortunately being sick sucks, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do even if you are sick. Whether it be working, going to school, doing laundry etc.

I’m going to say this again if you treat your parents half as bad as you’re talking about them in this post I really do encourage you to take a step back and reconsider the way you’re treating them. Respect goes both ways, and whether you agree with someone or not they still deserve respect like you do.

With Love,
Monkey

2 Likes

Hey Maria,

I’m on the same page as @Monkey here. When I was younger there were times that I didn’t want to go to school and there were days where I didn’t get along with my parents, and I certainly wasn’t the best kid. However, being an adult now, I realized that my parents were the way they were because they loved me and they were shaping me to be a responsible and mature adult. Looking back, I appreciate them for what they have done and putting up with me. However when I was younger I never said the things about them as you have described in this post and that is not fair to them.

When it comes to school, as Monkey has already said, regardless if you want to go or not, you just have to go. People have to do things they don’t want to do all the time. There were days when I had to go to school and I was super sick, heck there are even days now where I have to go to work being sick. That’s just how life is. As for your parents, I really think you should take a step back from this negative attitude towards them and try to understand things from their side. Instead of calling them “ignorant” as you have above, try seeing things from their perspective and giving them the respect of following their rules, they only want the best for you.

Regards,
Yummerz

1 Like

And same goes for you, I don’t have a “negative” attitude, just because i don’t go to school doesn’t mean I dont want to go anymore sooo :woman_shrugging:t2:

thank you for understanding

1 Like