I hate surprises

So anyone who has been keeping up with my posts knows that I had to undergo an emergency c section yesterday because my baby was too stressed to undergo a traditional birth.

They took her this morning to the nursery and noticed that she was breathing kind of fast so they have kept her. I was just told they want to send her to a larger hospital NICU because they can’t figure out why her breathing is erratic. When they took me to see her they had her on a CPAP machine to help her breathe.

I dont want anymore surprises.

TmT

7 Likes

Oh dear, I’m sorry @Sapphire

What can I do to support you? I can imagine how scared you are and I’m so sorry that this has been such a roller coaster for you.

Please keep us up to date if you are able too.

I will keep you both in my heart. :rose: :hrtlegolove:

5 Likes

Thanks. I don’t think anything can be said to be honest- I just need to give the other hospital team time to do their thing. It’s just hard.

4 Likes

Yes, I was going to tell you that all you can do is trust your doctors. I know you feel helpless and scared and I wish I could give you a hug. How is your husband handling this?

1 Like

He is handling it better than I am. Being very supportive. He is a lot better with stressful situations than I am.

2 Likes

I’m glad he is good in stressful situations and I’m glad he is being supportive. :rose:

2 Likes

I’m sure you are super exhausted and this is all taking a huge toll on your energy level and your mental health but you have accomplished so much! You have managed to bring another beautiful being into this world and that is amazing. Those doctors are going to do everything within their power to help your little one. Now is the time for rest, or at least as much as you can. You got this. I’m proud of you!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry Sapphire. I completely hear your need to not have any more news happening, especially not of that kind. I can’t even imagine how this must reactive some of your fears very intensely. The feeling of helplessness is real. But it is true that your little one is in good hands right now. And faith, or at least trust, need to be put in the doctors who are, without any doubt, doing all they can to figure out what’s going on and set the best conditions. You’re a warrior, friend. I’m sure she is as well, if not even more. I’m rooting for you and your family. Thinking and praying for her to feel better as soon as possible. :hrtlegolove:

5 Likes

Hi Sapphire First of congratulations! Your child is here with us. I am so glad for you :slightly_smiling_face:. I know there has been complications but those are common. They dont have to mean anything. They might but they dont have to. But even if there is some kind of illness your child is alive and hopefully well. The hardest part is behind you all. Take a breather. You have done what you can. You must be exhausted. Leave it to the doctors for now ok. No amount of worry has ever changed the outcome so try not to worry and rest ok. You need to regaind strenght. Btw have you settled on a name? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s responses.

Her name is Kiera Valha. I managed to get her added to my insurance last night after way too much difficulty so there’s that at least. Hopefully now the doctors will stop worrying about getting paid and just help her. I was called by 3 separate doctors yesterday worried about insurance which I have, but couldn’t stop asking me about it. Well damn, let me drag my mutilated self out of this bed long enough to get your damn proof before you help my sick baby.

/rant

6 Likes

Was discharged today. Still can’t bring my baby home. They said maybe Monday.

4 Likes

What a beautiful name @Sapphire. I’m so grateful Kiera is in this world with us and for you to be such a strong parent to her when she is leading her own battles too.

I can’t even begin to imagine the heartbreak that it must be to recover while being away from your baby girl. You know if you need to vent and share anything that’s on your heart, you have a place for it right here, on matter how much cursing you would need to add to it!

Hoping with all my heart that Monday will be a day of relief, reunion and hugs for all of you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I visited Kiera today but didn’t stay long because I’m having a lot of pain from my surgery. I think I will bring it up during my post op follow up. When I was still in the hospital they said it could be that they stitched me up a little tight on the left side but this doesn’t feel like a superficial pain so I feel like maybe I tore some internal stitches or something. I don’t have a ton of bleeding or anything but it’s still pretty painful.

The doctor is still pretty confident that Kiera will come home on Monday as long as she eats well without her feeding tube, so fingers crossed. She had a lot more energy today and appears to be breathing better. They are going to continue weaning her off of her CPAP machine. We will be going back tomorrow and hopefully she’s continuing to do better.

2 Likes

That is some good news. About Kiera at least. I am sorry you are in pain though. I hope it will get better soon and that it is not anything serious. I am keeping my fingers crossed. For you and for Kiera :wink:.

2 Likes

These are some really heartwarming news about Kiera. I hope that, on your end, your body will give you a break today. Thinking of you and rooting for you all. Still and always. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you Micro, as always.

2 Likes

Hope for your little girl that she is getting better and better, and that starting from today you’re going to have plenty of time to hug her and be with her. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Kiera won’t be discharged today. She doesn’t need the CPAP anymore but she still struggles to eat without her feeding tube. They are having someone come in this afternoon to see if a different kind/material of nipple would be easier for her to use. Maybe tomorrow.

2 Likes

She’s getting there little by little. It’s very comforting to hear that she’s been really taken care of well. Have you got the opportunity to spend some time with her? <3

2 Likes

Yea. We spend a couple of hours every day with her.

3 Likes