I have never seen this happen before

This happened a little while ago…

I don’t know why I’m still thinking about it…

About three weeks ago, I was in a long distance relationship with someone. I could say that our relationship was going well. (I’m absolutely horrible about explaining relationships) We would text each other, play online video games, and stay up listening to music.

He loved me, and I loved him. He was the best boyfriend I could ever have.

I guess you could say that we had a nice, simple relationship.

Then a week later-

He’s blocked me on everything.

Discord, Messenger, even his video game accounts were locked out.

He didn’t even say a word before he left…

I don’t know what to do in a situation like this. I feel like something in my mind keeps telling me that he’s going to come back, but I doubt it.

At this point… I don’t know whether my brain is still processing this, or I just-

Ack.

I feel like I’ve been abandoned…

It has got me in a loop that I don’t know how to escape…

I don’t know if something happened to him, or he just decided to leave me…

Even though this was around two weeks ago, I still can’t really wrap my head around it. I can’t handle this situation alone anymore…

3 Likes

Hi Rayden,
thank you for sharing this, your worries and struggle here.
it is hard to say what was the reason, the story behind his action towards you, and i feel so sorry for
you, that you have to experience this in a hard way.
often in life, in mine too, people you love come, and people you love go. it is hard but
you will overcome this. a broken heart will heal, it takes time but you will be stronger after that.
take care of yourself, give yourself some self care. do things that you love, spend time with your family and
friends. you are loved my friend, you matter and you are worth it.
feel hugged and Greetings

3 Likes

Hi Friend, thank you for your message, I am so sorry this happened to you. I think the reason you are still thinking about this is because its still relatively recent and it was a mean thing to have done to you. Its cruel to cut someone out of your life for no apparent reason. The only benefit is that you didnt get to waste anymore time on him, you dont need to be around a cruel person like that. You are now free to move forward and meet someone who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve. Again I am truly sorry this happened and I look forward to the day you can write and let us know you have met someone new. xx

3 Likes

Hey friendo. did you know this person in real life as well or just online? unfortunately people online can just up and disappear like that for any reason at all. I’m sorry you’re feeling abandoned and left alone…you have every right to feel that way in this situation. sometimes people suck. it happens a lot, and that’s why there’s even a term for “ghosting”. It’s possible the person you were talking to might not have thought the relationship was as serious as you were thinking it was…there are a number of reasons they could have ghosted. we could speculate for days why or what happened…but at this point its probably best for you to just worry about yourself and finding what makes you happiest and taking care of you.

as you’re reeling from a breakup, the only thing you can do is take it as a ‘this is what I like, this is what I don’t like’ and use that for finding your next partner in life. relationships/friendships/etc come and go through our lives all the time, and you really can only just move forward from it. be happy for the wonderful times, and know that you won’t feel like this forever. you are now better equipped to find the next person you’ll be interested in.

I hate that you were just ghosted like that, and I know exactly what you’re feeling wondering what happened and why they’d just vanish. but just know that you can’t control what other people think or do, only how you react to it…and you can’t let someone who just wrote you off like that have power to take away your happiness. you’ve got this, friendo. you’ll feel better sooner than later, I promise

3 Likes

Hi Rayden, It sounds like a very confusing situation, but there can be a lot of reasons why this happened. I think in time, you will think about it less. Their cutting you off doesn’t reflect on you as a person, it’s something they felt they needed to do for whatever reason. I’m sorry that you’re going thru this, it’s not easy when you have questions and are hurt. Now is a time for self care and compassion for yourself. Please come back and talk some more about this if you need to. ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Rayden, I’m so sorry that you have had to experience being ghosted this way. It truly is hard to understand how this can happen. Unfortunately, you don’t really have a way of knowing why he did this. It’s hard to do but you can do this - and that is let him go. It takes time, it takes creating new interests and activities with others. It takes caring for you the best you can - because you are worth it. What he did says a lot more about him and who he is than it does about who you are. You are valuable, you are special, you are loved here. I wish you well my friend and please let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

Dear @Rayden,

I’m so very sorry for what’s been happening with this person recently. It’s an absolute nightmare to be emotionally involved in a relationship and suddenly there’s nothing anymore. Not only you are forced to deal with a type of grief that you’ve never asked for nor could anticipate, but you are also left with an absence of reason, of closure. It just doesn’t make sense, which is precisely why it makes sense to have a hard time with this situation. When someone leaves you in the dark without any explanation, your mind seeks a reason between many possibilities, but it’s hard to hold on to just one as long as there is no full confirmation. My heart goes out to you, so much.

I can assure you that this community right here is not going to abandon you. We’re here, and more than willing to support you during this difficult time. I obviously don’t know why this person stopped being in contact with you so suddenly. It could be external reasons, it could be personal ones. In any case, it will take time to process what happened and how to keep investing your life despite the situation. What is absolutely sure through all of this, is that none of what happened would say anything about who you are or your worth. These decisions stem from someone else and have nothing to do with you, as there are many ways to either pause or end a relationship that don’t imply to go fully silent. It’s not your fault. You are not unlovable. You are not worthless. I know you didn’t mention any of those things, but as you may try to find an answer to the “why” this happened, your mind may wander in these unhealthy places made of guilt and shame. So this is simply a friendly reminder. That you are loved and absolutely enough just as you are. Really.

If you can today, consider trying to do something simple to take care of yourself, of your heart. You deserve all the love and care right now. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like