I have no family

I have a family just like anybody else. But only in name. They don’t care about me, especially my siblings. It’s especially tormenting because they don’t outright bullied me, it’s just like i am nonexistent. i wish i was never born. I don’t know how to explain my condition but i feel so sad and it hurts so much if only there’s something that could make me just disappear. i always thought, “what kind of world i was born into? why is it so miserable?” they never asked me to join outings and when i want to join and asked they’ll just go without me and left me behind. i’m lonely because i had no friends and i also don’t have a proper family affection. it’s like i don’t have anywhere to belong. Why it should be me of all people to have born in this kind of family and life…i feel nauseated by everything…

5 Likes

@babadon

Can HeartSupport be your family?

3 Likes

I know how you feel my only family is my mom who’s elderly I have brothers but its like they don’t exist. I feel the same way I grew up like an only child in many ways. I know how you feel and I’m sorry for what your going through.

3 Likes

Hello Babadon,

I am so sorry for your loss of the family you should have had. Know that here at HeartSupport we love you. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.
Stay strong!

4 Likes

@babadon We can be your family! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thats not your fault at all we are all here for you here. Best of wishes to you i hope everything goes well for you

3 Likes

yes. i’m so tired of all this. like an only child but without the original privilege of actually being one. i don’t know this life suck too much please i just wanted this to end

1 Like

thank you but i know people are just saying that

1 Like

it is most painful that indeed it wasn’t anyone fault. my life is random and so did the family i was born into. i honestly cannot see anything will be better at all.

1 Like

thank you for your very kind words. but at this point i really feel love is just mere pretty word.

1 Like

@babadon Have you checked out HeartSupport’s Discord or Twitch? Although we all can’t meet in person, there’s something special about gathering over social media.

I don’t have HS’s discord link on hand - @Micro Could you link to this please?

Here is HS’s Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/heartsupport

3 Likes

Dear @babadon,

My heart is breaking as I read your post. In some ways, it reminds me of my own family. I am actually an only child, but with certain heavy expectations placed on me and largely being seen as “just a child” for much of my life, it has afforded a lot of loneliness and being cast aide. I am really sorry for this feeling of loss. It must be incredibly hard to name because you technically “have a family,” but like you said, it’s nothing more than a shared name. Please know that you are loved. Here at HS, we don’t just say “we’ll be your family” or that “you are loved” just to say it. We mean it. Please know that this is a community that is here to listen and support you. Truly, the Twitch streams have really helped me stay afloat on hard days when I was jobless and in pain, and I have honestly made friends who care for me. Please know that you are not alone, and that you ARE loved. You deserve to know that this is true, and you deserve to thrive and know this feeling of family and love. :purple_heart:

Sending all my love, peace, and hope,
Alex

2 Likes

I think it can be better and maybe if its possible you can tell them how you feel.

I don’t have HS’s discord link on hand - @Micro Could you link to this please?

Here it is: https://discord.gg/heartsupport- It would be awesome to see you there @babadon!

For what it’s worth, I don’t really feel like my biological family can be described as a “family” either. Though I love my siblings dearly, it’s only after losing my brother that I realized how much this “family” environment can be toxic. This year I’ve been recalling a lot of abusive situations that happened as I grew up. It hurts a lot. It feels like grieving something that never really existed. And in the background, this missing sense of belonging. You are totally right, there is something unfair in that kind of situation, just because it should be different.

On a more positive note, I’ve been learning to find that “family” is first and foremost the one you choose with your heart. Of course, it doesn’t erase the pain of growing up among people who made you feel unloved, unwanted, like an outsider. If you are treated like you don’t belong where you’re supposed to experience true love and care for the first time in your life, then where are you supposed to belong? Well, for what it’s worth, I believe that answer is still yours. That pain you’re feeling, that grief you are experiencing, can be turned into something that you will own. And why not, starting by surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care. Honestly, the first times I’ve been on HS, when I was told “you’re loved” my inner reactions were generally: “yea, right, LOL” or “this is suspicious… wait, what do you want from me? Did I do something wrong?”. But I met true friends here, people who really care, who really mean what they say - people I’m proud to call “family” in its very true and beautiful meaning. It’s still fragile, I’m still full of self-doubts and afraid for those feelings to collapse anytime. But that didn’t happen until now, on the contrary, so it gives some faith. I hope that, if you want to spend some time with this community - whether it’s here, Twitch, Discord - you’ll experience the same thing.

You are among friends here. The words that are said to you are genuine. But it’s okay if you need time to actually believe it. Feeling betrayed or rejected shakes your world and it takes time to trust again. Know that if there’s a place where this reality can be understood without any judgment, where love is shared without any ulterior motive, it’s here. :hrtlegolove:

I hope your relationship with your family can be better with time. Maybe by communicating a bit about how you feel, if you think it’s possible to do it with them. Otherwise, know that you’re not invisible or nonexistent. You are very real, unique, and beautiful as you are. People who don’t see you don’t realize the chance they’re missing.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your kind words. i hope i’ll encounter nice people who can provide care someday. thank you.

1 Like

thank you reading your post made me feel more positive. i wish to experience the same thing as you and find true friends and family here. but i don’t know how

1 Like

i want to join but the discord link has been expired, can i have another one?

1 Like

@babadon

I see that I added a “-” at the end of the link, by mistake, sorry :woman_facepalming:.
Now it should be better:

Also glad to hear that you feel a little more positive today. Take care friend. :heart:

1 Like

It’s good to hear from you! I am sure you will.

Take care, and know that we are here for you. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.