I have no one to reach out to

I’m a single mom of 3. I’m young and I feel so emotionally unstable. I’m scared of the things I think, and I have no one around me that I can talk to, or at least that’s how I feel. I hide my emotions around my kids for their own well being, but I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I’m recently divorced and working two jobs. My romantic life is in shambles. I just need to know that life gets better, because ending it is becoming more and more promising. I’m struggling with my mental health. I need help.

6 Likes

Welcome to heart support!
I know I can’t speak much to your situation, but I do know that your children appreciate and love you. You’re working so hard and doing so much for them, is there anyone looking out for you?
You deserve to have your mental health cared for.
I’m hoping that if you reach out even to your gp they’ll be able to find some services and resources that could be subsidised. We are here to listen.

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Welcome to Heart support. I am so please that you have reached out here, You sound overwhelmed and exhausted and rightly so, you have so much on your plate right now. You mention that you feel that you have no one to talk to, Is there anyone that you could go to even if its just to open up and be you for a while instead of Mum or worker. I would also encourage you please if you havent already to reach out to your GP they can perhaps give you ideas of things that can help, A talk therapist perhaps one that does phone consultations when you are not at work, I think that could be of some help to you. If all of this just adds to your workload and overwhelms you further please just continue to reach out here, we will always listen and be here for you. You sound like an incredible Mum and a fantastic human being. You deserve to be happy. Much Love Lisa xx

3 Likes

hey friend,

welcome to the forum, my friend. thank you for your vulnerability on how your mental health is doing, allowing your new heartsupport community in on such a difficult time in your life. i’m glad you reached out here because you are far from alone in this. your three kids are blessed to have a mom like you who fights through the hardest pains without showing them the difficult parts of life just yet. i hope you can stick around for countless reasons but the main one being to support your kids as they continue growing up and will face hardships as well. to have a parent that can coach them through based on experience is the most valuable thing a child can rely on. having my own mom around to tell me about how she survived suicidal thoughts herself has helped give me the strength to conquer my own among other valuable life lessons she’s given me. and i know you’ll continue to be that for your own children.

all in all, you are loved. you are valuable. you matter. you have a purpose here. and i do hope you can find someone to speak 100% transparently to whether it’s a fellow mom you meet through your kids, a therapist, counselor, or even this forum as a way to write out your thoughts and just get them out there. the cathartic energy to be able to write out our struggles and release it is healing in its own way. so please, reach out to professionals, hug your kids as much as you need, and know that you’re so so so valued. we need you. your kids need you. you need you, so please, care for yourself in any way you can.

love,
twix

1 Like

Welcome to HeartSupport! Thank you for sharing your story with us and I’m so sorry life has taken this turn. Are you getting help from your ex with your kids? You said you feel like you have no one nearby but what about family or friends in other places that may be able to help out or that would be willing to be there for you? I know it can feel like you are alone but sometimes the reality is a little more hopeful and I hope that is true for you as well.

I know that life is a lot right now but I hope that you can hold onto the love you feel for your children and use that to help you find help through government programs and any other help you can find to get your through these difficult times. And I don’t know where you live but in bigger cities sometimes there are free clinics that offer therapy and even do remote sessions you could do on the phone at home or on a break at work. It may be worth looking into. As much as you are responsible for your children you are responsible for yourself as well and I hope that you can find a way to get the help you deserve and be heard.

You always have us here anytime and I wish you all the best :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

First, welcome to heart support. I’m so glad you reached out here. This is definitely a safe place to come and talk about what is going on. It sounds like you have so much you are responsible for on your own right now. It seems that it must feel quite overwhelming at times. Are you evening getting enough sleep? There is so much for you to do, it seems like there are not enough hours in a day for you. You really do need someone to talk to and you need help in getting it all done. Do you qualify for any benefits like SNAP or rent assistance, HEAP? That may make it possible for you to perhaps drop one job or cut back hours somewhere? And somehow you need to find the time each day for you. Self care is so very important to our mental and physical health. It probably feels impossible, but try to find those moments for you. Right now, every day feels like it’s so very long but before you know it, the years will have flown by and those little ones will be grown up. So please know it will get better as time goes on. Right now, please find moments to care of you. You are worth it and your children are worth it.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for your kind responses. I don’t have a relationship with my parents, and any friend I’ve reached out to hasn’t taken me seriously. Your kind words have touched me so much and I’m beyond thankful.

4 Likes

Hi awoodcock,
thank you for reaching out to us, thank you for sharing, and welcoe to Heart Support.
are there loacl resources for you where you can reach out for ? give yourself also some self care during this
times, don’t forget about yourself. you matter !
life is often hard, more often that we would like. struggles and obstacles are constantly thrown in our ways.
kids often seem to add to those. life is hard and difficult. for anybody out there, for me. you have done a very
important step here, reaching out, in awareness that is much what you are dealing right now. and it is.
you are more stronger that you might see on your own, you have an incredible heart and you do great !
your kids will see that one day, and be grateful for their mom. and you also have cares and needs.
in troubled times we often forget that. find joy in little things, remind yourself what you have done so far.
little things matter most, be proud of yourself, you absolutely can ! we are proud of you and i am.
you are loved my friend, stay safe, take care and feel hugged :purple_heart:

1 Like

I quickly realized that if it hadn’t been for this group last night I probably wouldn’t be here this morning. Thank you all so much

3 Likes

Remember: if you matter this much to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet, you matter even more to the people in your real life. Welcome to HeartSupport :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

You got this, friend. And you got us to get through this with :slight_smile:

I’m so grateful you found us, please vent as much as you need here, it’s safe for you to give voice to whatever you need to get out of your head as well.

3 kids, newly on your own, 2 jobs? That’s a lot on your plate! And you’re also shielding your kids from all of this.
I can say you’re doing an excellent job juggling all of this! You’re in a tough spot, and there are a LOT of changes to get used to. But you got this. You got us.

And it will get better, and a bit easier as you work out a routine, get into the new groove of this phase of your life. We’re always going to be here to hear you, see you and encourage you. Thanks for being a part of this community!