I have officially failed

Some of you might remember that I posted a topic awhile ago about failing to do the impossible. What that entailed is me applying to PA Schools. Now I can say that I have failed in this goal. I was rejected by multiple schools and have been waitlisted at others. Some I knew were a long shot to get into but I still applied anyways. I just feel gutted, depressed and a giant failure. I really wanted to get in this cycle and move forward in life but now everything is delayed. I know I can try again when the cycle opens up in Spring but I have no guarantee again if I will get in. My academic advisor is working with me to make sure I am good to go again which I beyond grateful but I am scared of letting her down if I fail again. I wish I could talk to someone about what I am going through and what I am struggling with but it doesn’t matter because even if I were able to talk with someone I still have to deal with this. Truthfully everything just hurts and sucks.

2 Likes

You know, in life there will be so many time that thing wont be like you want but that doesnt mean that you have to stop fighting, is the opposite, you have to keep trying, If you want something fight for it, maybe it wont end well but that happen try again, because life is that, try and try again until you got it. Take care and I wish you good luck! I know that you can do it !

1 Like

Hey @mufcninja,

I’m sorry you’re hurting friend. Even if you didn’t reach this goal, it’s not definitive, you still have the possibility to try again. But I hear your disappointment. Just know that it’s okay to fail at something. And it doesn’t mean you’re a failure or you’re not able to do anything.

Even if it feels like your world is ending, it’s not. You don’t know yet if you’ll succeed the next time, but you’ll do what you can. There are certainly some difficulties that you could have identified already. You’ll manage to work on that. I believe in you. :heart: And your academic advisor too!

Right now you also need some time to process these news. Take care of yourself friend, as much as you can. :heart:

1 Like

I thank you for responding. I know I have to keep fighting it just hurts and I want the pain to stop and feel like I am doing something that matters.

2 Likes

I get that it is okay to fail I just didn’t want to fail at this. I can try again in April and hopefully get in. I know I am doing the impossible but I just wish I didn’t have to cope with all this on my own. I get it is a process I just want it to be that I am done coping with this and that I have moved on.

2 Likes

Hey @mufcninja,

Just in case, I’m sorry if I sounded to be judgemental in my reply or saying things that are already obvious to you. I wanted to underline some things we can easily forget when we’re going through difficult times and disappointment. But I’m aware that it can be annoying to hear that when our situation is already frustrating and when we’re already fully aware of those realities. Just wanted to apologize for that. :heart:

I too really hope you’ll succeed in April, so you can get rid of this and focus on things that are more fulfilling to you. It’s the only thing that matters now. Also hope you’ll let us know how it goes for you. :slight_smile: I’m rooting for you along this process. And hopefully things will go as smooth as possible for you.

Hold fast. :heart:

1 Like

Man, that sucks. It’s always hard when you put in effort and then get rejected. Its hard taking that in and feeling like you werent good enough. I am sorry that you were rejected by so many schools.

It’s been 13 days which is almost 2 weeks since you made this post and I just wanted to check on you and see how you are holding up. I hope and pray that you were able to find some comfort. I sincerely hope you’re feeling a little bit better and know that this isn’t the end. It sucks but there are so many other things out there. I know life throws our plans off course sometimes, but there is a path for you. Much love friend

• Kitty
1 Like

I didn’t interpret your response as judgemental it’s all good. :grin:

I hope that come April I can reapply and get in because I know that will improve my life and I can feel like I am accomplishing my goals. Until then I just have to wait it out.

1 Like

I’m still coping, not sure if I feel better or worse. If anything I kinda feel numb. I know I will be okay it just sucks and trying to cope with that plus other things can be overwhelming at times. I thank you for checking in on me .

1 Like

Feeling numb is an understandable emotion. I get that way when I hit obstacles in my life too or too depressed. That’s normal. It’s good that you know it will be okay but it IS okay to feel sad. Just remember to pick yourself up <3 It can get better.

The discord is here if you need a space to talk and connect with other people. Okay? I’m thinking of you and sending you lots of love. I know we are strangers, but for what it’s worth I still care. <3

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate that and thank you for caring.