I-havnt-slept-in-4-days-ive-taken-melatonin-ran-th

From sascha2804: I havnt slept in 4 days. I’ve taken melatonin, ran this morning, and I’ve been reading and or listening to calm music. I’m so tired I can’t sleep and it’s hurting me real bad. Eating is getting harder as I feel as if I’m gonna throw everything up, or I don’t want to eat. I’ve been two days without eating. And the day before that only a cup of pairs and two potsickers. I don’t want to do anything and my mouth is torn up from chewing I can’t help. I don’t know what to do, and I can’t go back to therapy, not again. It just seems to hurt me more. When I do sleep I wake up screaming and crying. I just need sleep. And it’s something I can’t get.

2 Likes

Wow! You are really having a hard time. It sounds like you are doing all the right things, even though they aren’t working too well. Sadly, sleep loss can cause a lot of mental issues. With things as bad as they are for you, there’s a chance you will end up in the emergency room. I remember times when I went so long without sleep that I when I had the opportunity, I couldn’t. It sounds like that might be what’s happening in your case.

Not all therapists are alike, in fact, sometimes there are huge differences between them. If a therapist doesn’t work out, try a different one. There’s even a lot of variability in therapeutic approaches. It’s worth trying several different therapists. You might find someone that you like.

I have an MP3 player that runs a continuous loop of ocean sounds and the rain. I set that up because I have a pretty bad case of tinnitus, and the sound reduces my perception of my ears ringing. My brother-in-law has a fan running all night because the sound helps him sleep.

I very much hope that you feel better soon.

Wow! That is really hard but it is okay to go to a hospital for medical care and you should try getting a good therapist find one that helps not hurts and if you cant sleep try getting sleeping pills or go to the doctor as sleeping is crucial to you it helps you and if you dont you will pass out try getting of the screen
and go onto your bed and close your eyes try to sleep and not focus on other things try also counting sheep!

1 Like

Hi sascha, thank you for sharing here. That sounds incredibly hard and I can’t imagine how painful that combination of being hungry, tired, and feeling overall bad must be.

Remember that it’s okay to seek professional help. I know you mention feeling worried about therapy, but there are multiple styles of therapy and multiple therapists out there. It may be worthwhile to try another therapist to see if they can be more helpful, as it’s okay to “shop around”.

If you need to go to a hospital because you can’t physically function (e.g., unable to eat/drink), remember that it’s okay to do that too.

It sounds like you’re in a pretty horrible situation right now so I hope you become able to sleep and feel better in the near future. Try taking it easy and taking care of yourself. You matter and I am wishing you all the best.

-Tuna

1 Like

Hey sascha2804,

I’m so sorry that sleep has been such a terrific experience for you. Losing the ability to rest like this completely impacts our ability to cope with life as a whole. It is completely understandable that this has been affecting your eating as well as your overall well-being. This must be incredibly exhausting and frustrating. Something that is supposed to be safe, normal, healthy, because this causes hurt and pain.

You’ve mentioned that going to a therapist again wouldn’t be an option - may I ask you why? Sometimes it is scary to us to get back to therapy as we would see it as a sign of personal “failure”, but I can assure you that it would not be the case. Throughout our life we go through different seasons, face different obstacles, and it’s okay to ask for help when we need it.

As a side note, I’d love to hear how you’ve been doing since you’ve posted quite some time ago. If you’re around, read this and are comfortable sharing, please know here is a safe space to reach out. We’re rooting for you.

1 Like