I hope this helps someone

I am here to tell just part of my story. I really hope that I can help someone feel a little bit better, or brighten up their day.

For 3 years I was pretty down on myself. The 2nd and 3rd year of these 2 years where life was unbearable. I hated waking up every morning, going to school, feeling like an outsider their as well as everywhere I went. I was depressed for many reasons and I never told anyone (until recently). I bottled up all my hurt and in got worse and worse. Around December of 2017 I found heartsupport. I watched the interviews and saw that people I look up to have dealt (and still deal) with some of the things that made me so miserable. Throughout the next few months I was feeling better, but I still had really bad days and thoughts of suicide. Early May was when it all came back like a raging storm and on May 18th of this year decided that I was done and it was time for me to just give up and die. I went home and started preparing to say goodbye. While I was writing my note, I broke down and realized what I was doing was wrong. It wasn’t fair to my family, friends, and acquaintances for me to just go. After that day I tried really hard each day to stay positive, and it started to work. About a month after that I went to a church conference. I had never really been big on religion, but throughout out the week I listened to the keynotes and sermons. I really connected with them. I opened up about my experiences to total strangers, and they comforted me. They showed me that I really was here for a reason and that I have a purpose. So if you are christian or not, it really does not matter, I want you to know that you are loved, and that you are important. I may not have been situation you can relate to, but I hope maybe hearing what I have just said can help you realized your worth. You are strong and you can overcome the struggles you are facing!

Hold fast,
-S

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this - I’m sorry you had to experience all of that but I’m glad you found hope within the community and it WILL help others!

Hold fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hey @Silent,

Thank you so much for sharing your story of success! I love reading stuff like this! Which church conference did you end up attending? If you’re looking for good Christian music to listen to, in addition to the keynotes and sermons, I would highly recommend Hillsong United and Bethel Music. You’re strong! Remember that. :slight_smile:

-Eric

1 Like

Thank you Eric! I attended the Montreat Youth Conference in North Carolina. I will check out Hillsong United and Bethel Music!

• S
1 Like