I just need a hug today

…and to know I’m not alone. It’s been an incredibly lonely day. :frowning:

9 Likes

Hey! I too, am feeling lonely today… Certain family issues have arrived that have sparked this. But talking about it is helping me feel better, so what’s up? Anything you would like to talk about? I’m here for you and so are so many others here at HS!!

-Elijah

2 Likes

You are definitely not alone.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Sending you virtual hugs! :heart:

2 Likes

Was supposed to hang out with a friend today. Instead they hung out all day with other friends. So, just feeling left out. I don’t have many friends.

1 Like

Until tonight I’d been sober for nearly 3 months… but today I turned to the only friend that’s never abandoned me. :frowning:

can i ask why today was the day? i am here if you want to talk know you are not alone we all care about you here

1 Like

Yeah, that’s never a fun feeling… being left out. In high school, I had certain friends I wanted to hang out with, or made plans with, and they would switch up or bail on me at the last minute but claimed we we’re “boys” and they were there for me, when in fact it was the other way around. This happened quite often to the point where I just didn’t try to be anyone’s friend anymore. I even went “off the grid” after graduating. Being someone’s 2nd priority absolutely sucks and being put on the back burner cuts deep for me, so I feel for you! Can I ask you to message me and talk instead of turning to that “friend” that’s never abandon you, or vent here, as you just did, as an alternative?

3 Likes

Big Hugs we love you have a community that loves you no matter what

1 Like

Sending tons of hugs your way, @anonymous.recluse - :heart:

I’m sorry you felt left out and alone, but also so very proud of you for the 3 months. I hope you’re not being too hard on yourself for turning to that “friend” - sometimes we fall during recovery, but there is no doubt that you will get back on your feet. We believe in you here, 100%. I hope you’ll take care of yourself, as much as possible, get some rest, and that next day will treat you well. :heart: In any case, we’re here for you.

2 Likes

:hugs: Hope you are feeling better today

1 Like

You know, I really appreciate that. I may take you up on that. Never expected that kind of support here. :heart:

I feel better this morning thanks to y’all.

2 Likes

Please do, I may not respond right away, but I will respond!