I just need help

My situation is: I am in junior high and so is my sister and we are quarantined in our house, doing school on the computer, until the numbers go down (and even then we shall wear masks and stay six feet away from people who don’t live in our house). I have been going to a Montessori school all my life, which is a private school where everybody works at their own pace. Montessori schools are good for people with mental differences, like me. But now is my third simester of Charter school, where they give me a fixed pace. AND I CAN’T KEEP UP. Every time my sister and I think we’re finished with our homework, our parents check our grades, and we’re missing things. I need someone to ACTUALLY TELL ME, HOW DO I GET THROUGH JUNIOR HIGH WITHOUT FAILING!???

1 Like

Hey @Pengyou,

Thank you so much for being here. :heart: As I’m not in school anymore, I can only imagine how difficult it is to study in the midst of circumstances that our world is facing right now. Your efforts are not vain, not unseen, and I want you to know that we are proud of you here for dedicating so much energy to your future.

I hear that this change of environment (Montessori-> Charter) is difficult though. And that totally makes sense. If you’ve been used to one system - and even more, a system that happened to be really helpful -, it’s hard to switch for something different. And even more generally, school pace can be very difficult to follow for a lot of students. Know that there is nothing wrong with you, and you just did a good thing by acknowledging the problem. It’s important to not let yourself drown by it. We don’t want you to be overwhelmed. :heart:

I’d like to encourage you to talk to a teacher about your struggles right now. Even with online schooling, they’re still available to support you and hear your concerns if you have a problem. It’s their job to support you and make sure you succeed in your studies - and I can assure you, you’re not the first nor the last student to struggle with the pace that’s imposed to you. In any case, it’s really important not to stay alone with your struggles. Reach out for help, that’s totally okay. Your teachers are more than likely used to that kind of situation and they should be able to advise or guide you.

You are not doomed to fail, even if the situation is probably very stressful right now. Step by step, friend. With the right amount of support, you’ll manage to go through this season. :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.