I just need reassurance?

i feel guilty for everything. i feel weak and bad. i don’t know what i’m doing. it’s hard to pin point what’s wrong or where to start. i’m just hopeless. i just need to feel like someone can hear me
life feels like a bad dream right now

6 Likes

I hear you!
I see you.

We’re ready to share with you :slight_smile: Take your time, and you can share what you want.

4 Likes

Hi @notdead

Welcome. Glad you found us.

So sorry you’re having these feelings. They are hard to deal with, but f you feel comfortable you can talk about what’s going on. This is a safe place :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

thank u so much. thank you
i just feel confused. i don’t know if my church is true anymore and i just wish i was a kid again. thank u for responding

2 Likes

What is making you have doubts about your church?

3 Likes

As you grow spiritually, it’s a very healthy thing to question your relationship with your church. Not questioning it would mean irrational and blind following, and that wouldn’t be healthy. It’s interesting that churches advocate a personal relationship with the Divine, but when that relationship manifests, it inevitably changes how a person views that church.

Blind faith serves no purpose, and is often destructive. It’s better to have faith in your ability to find answers, gain wisdom and grow closer to the Divine through your own heart.

Churches are not perfect. No human interpretation of the Word is perfect. I think the most important question to ask about a church is whether or not it nurtures your spiritual growth.

3 Likes

What you do about this based upon what you are doubting. If you are doubting the entirety of whatever faith you believe keep exploring why and don’t push down those doubts. It’s not only good to question faith but it should be encouraged because if you believe something and it’s for the wrong reasons that doesn’t help anyone. Now if you are just doubting your church’s interpretation of whatever book or word you believe in read it. Come up with your own. Look up the fact of the book.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.