I just need to let this out

First and foremost, this whole thing might not make any sense whatsoever, but I am going to at least try to and make the most out it. So, I currently work at a local warehouse job for a racing company. We sell all kinds of racing equipment. We package, ship orders, load trucks, and verify the right shipments for those who order online. Anyways, today was “one of those days.” I made a mistake at work today and my “so called” supervisor came up to me said I did something wrong, but in a more aggressive kind of way. I am so sorry I made a mistake. I am sorry I am human. I make mistakes all the time. I made a mistake on an order for a RACING PART, like it’s not that big of a big deal. It just feels like the upper people at this place don’t give a thing about anyone except they are buddies or something.

Today, I was on the verge of either putting my two weeks notice in right there or just walk out. This job just burns me out every single day I work there. I’ve had thoughts of putting my notice in more times than I can count. I just haven’t found another job that would be good for me. I am almost 30 years old and I feel like I am at the point where I need to find a career and not just a J-O-B. This job is meant for young college students 19-24 year olds. It’s been a struggle a lot lately. It’s been stressing me out to the point where it keeps me up at night, not working out consistently, not eating as good and basically being a hermit. Not a good thing. I am just done with that place.

I tend to keep things bottled up inside and I know sometimes that’s not a good thing to do. I am SO thankful this community exists for posts like this. To vent and let these feelings out. Again, I am sorry if none of this makes sense or what. I am super thankful to those who even reads this and/or replies back.

6 Likes

Hey there, how are you doing? Gosh it must be so frustrating when someone comes and takes an aggressive approach instead of trying to calmly give an explanation and even maybe some helpful insight.

Finding a place where you really want to commit to is so hard! Honestly it can take some people a long time to go through that journey. I know I thought studying in my mid-late 20’s I was going to be the oldest person in my class, but there were people in their 40’s and 50’s in my class. It was so lovely to see that people can change their minds and try new things in life. That you don’t have to settle for what’s in front of you

2 Likes

Hello @drobofficial

Sounds like a pretty frustrating situation for sure, I’m sorry your supervisor was aggressive after you made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes and people need to have compassion instead of being aggressive. It’s also awful that unless you are friends with the upper people that’s how you get treated. I would want to find a different job as well.

I know it’s very discouraging and difficult to stay, but I would encourage you to stay until you find something else. Even if it’s just something temporary while you look for that career. You don’t have to have everything together when you’re 30, you have plenty of time to find the career you want. It’s totally ok that you’re still trying to figure that out. Lot’s of people make it to their 40s or even 50s before they find their passion in life.

I would suggest making and Action Plan to get started on looking for a new job or even career. Let the Heart Support community support you and cheer you along in your journey. :hrtlegolove:

I’m glad that you came here to let all this out and I hope it made you feel a little better about things. I hope that you will continue to use this safe place for support because you matter.

I agree, it’s not a good thing. If you are neglecting your body and diet, your brain is less able to function effectively. It is good that you are working out, even if not consistently. Exercise does help balance brain chemistry.

Are you working a day schedule? If you are working afternoons or evenings, that gives you an opportunity to look for another job during the day. A lot of employers accommodate online job seekers. In fact, it’s becoming more common that the only way to apply for a job is online.

Do you have any idea what you would like to do for a career? I went back to school when I was 40. I worked to pay tuition and managed to finish my degree debt-free. Depending out what you want to do, you may not need a degree. Have you thought about becoming self-employed?

I’ve worked a lot of shitty jobs, and found that one way of coping was to set very short term goals, such as not losing my mind for the next hour. Then I tell myself “I made it through that hour so maybe I can make it through the next one.”

Make sure you have a good resume. If possible, make financial adjustments that can help you survive between paychecks.

He was probably behaving as he figured his bosses wanted him to. Either that or he gets off on throwing his puny middle management weight around.

In some jobs, you have to do that in order to survive. I agree, this is a good place to vent.

Start looking around. Try networking with friends. Keyword search what you might be looking for online. Think about what you like doing for fun and consider how those or similar interests may be integrated with your next career move.

Take very good care of yourself in order to be at your best when meeting potential employers.