I just want to get better

I feel dull, I can’t sleep at night, I’m tired, I’m sick,
I don’t know what to do, should I try a different medication? A different antipsychotic?, I don’t know. I’m apathetic and depressed, and tired

4 Likes

Hello @anon3821937,

I am glad you’ve come here and shared how you’re feeling.

Do you have the chance to talk to your doctor/psychiatrist some time soon about your uncertainties regarding the medication?

Is there anything you could do for yourself right now in terms of self-care? Something that’s easy to do and that you usually enjoy (maybe drawing?), so that you can get your thoughts off your struggles a bit or something that helps you relax (maybe listen to some of your favorite music)?

You’re loved and valued. I hope you can find some rest. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

thank you fallenAngel i didn’t know what to say :blush:

1 Like

I’m going to try and call him tomorrow.

1 Like

Hold on! I know it’s stressful when medications make you feel unwell, I’ve experienced the same thing, but just try to hold on until you can talk to him.
Either try to make an appointment or keep calling.

3 Likes

Hey @anon3821937,

How are you doing today? Could you talk to your doctor?

Sending much love. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

@blini

I tried to call him today, but he’s busy.

I’m not doing so well, but I’m trying.

@anon3821937

Hope you can talk to him tomorrow!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to support you. I’ll start with a biiiiig hug and sending you much love. Hang in there. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

@blini

I don’t know, I tried to call so many times now, that they’re probably sick and tired of me calling them.

@anon3821937

It could be they’re just busy. I don’t think they mind people calling. It’s their job to help their patients. Is there an answering machine?

Depending on how urgent you feel you need help, there’d also be the option to call someone else. Would that be something you could think of doing?

1 Like

@blini

I honestly don’t know.

@anon3821937

Is there someone with you, either living with you or you can talk to, who could support you calling your doctor tomorrow again and, if no one answers the phone, help you find someone else?

2 Likes

@blini

I don’t know to be honest.

@anon3821937

Okay. I hope you’ll get some help and be better soon. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

@blini

I hope that I get some help too.

1 Like

Have you tried to make an appointment rather than just try to call and talk? You’ll probably have more luck doing that.

1 Like

@blini

I already made an appointment.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Sorry it’s taken so long to try to get back in, but it’ll be worth it

2 Likes

@Bimini

I sure hope that it’s worth it.

Hey @anon3821937, I hope last night was little more peaceful for you. Hang in there friend. You’ll get the answers and help you need soon enough. In the meantime, make sure to take it easy. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes