I keep lashing out

I keep lashing out in anger at everyone. I can’t control my emotions/feelings. But I don’t mean to, I just feel so overwhelmed at times.
I don’t want to go to work anymore, I want them to fire me.
All I want to do is lay in my bed and sleep, but I can’t. I have to be an adult and take care of my kids and make money to support them. I don’t want to bother my spouse/family with my issues.
I just feel so done and alone.

3 Likes

Hey Ariel ,

I know how you feel, I spent last week mostly in bed and still feel hopelessly exhausted.
We all have moments of anger and that is ok but it is good to try and control it.
Have you spoken to a a professional? I’m getting CBT help at the moment and we are focusing on my anger , there are a lot of techniques out there to find

Your outbursts also might be linked to something? Work stress , lack sleep, too much caffine or not talking. Perhaps try and search for the reasons for the Built up rage. Don’t ever feel bad or feel like you are a bother , most people react with , oh no why didn’t you tell me before.
Talking is good , talking is healthy , I’d say give it a try.

I hope things improve and please don’t think you are alone. Your not , we are here. Be proud you shared your struggles, it’s very strong of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ariel, I’m Lisa, Welcome and thank you for posting here. I totally see how your feel that your feelings are out of control right now and any time those feeling take control of us we either get angry of fall apart, its fight or flight. You clearly know you can’t take flight because like you say, you have a family to support so you fight and yes to feel like you are fighting alone will make you feel angry and no one wants to have to fight all the time just to get by either do they. You mention your spouse and family? Why would you ever think that it was a bother to confide in them? Unless you feel they would not understand or support you, these people are you troops, your brothers in arms so to speak, they are supposed to be your biggest supporters, turn to them if indeed you can, tell them how you are feeling, you may well be pleasantly surprised by the reaction. Many people go through these struggles and tend to keep it to themselves until someone else brings it up so you may find some of them have too and can give you some advice. If indeed that is not at all possible have a chat to your Doctor about maybe seeing a therapist, someone that you can have a good talk to, someone who can help you to sort through things in your own mind. As for the anger, I think breathing exercises and or meditation is possibly a good idea to try but ultimately once you have all this stuff going on in your head and these frustrations and exhaustion dealt with, you wont feel angry anymore. I wish you well Friend. Stay in touch with us, we are always here to listen. You deserve to be a lot happier than you feel right at this moment. Much Love Lisa

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.