I lost my husband to suicide christmas day 1996 i

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Hot To Be Me by Ren Ft Chinchilla
I lost my husband to suicide, Christmas day 1996… I found out I was pregnant with twins the day after he passed. My whole existence switched to raising my kids (we had 5). I suffered with PTSD for 25 years. I just lost my mom and it all comes back. On the plus side, I am a Psychology major now…but I’m exhausted

1 Like

It sounds like you’ve been incredibly strong for so long, but even the strongest people need a break and shoulders to rest on. It’s okay to feel tired and worn out, my friend. You’ve been through so much, and it makes sense to feel the weight of it all.

I can’t even begin to imagine how hard these last decades must have been for you. Losing your husband to suicide on Christmas Day, then finding out you were pregnant with twins the day after he passed… words are not enough to describe the shock and traumas you’ve been through. It must have felt like your entire world was turned upside down in an instant. Raising your kids, I imagine how hard it has been to have to be the only parent and to be strong for two. While dealing with the flashbacks, anxiety, and the lingering pain altogether. And just when you might have been finding some way to cope with it, losing your mom brought all those old wounds back to the surface. Grief has a way of reopening scars, and losing your mom must have felt like another crushing blow, stirring up all those painful memories and feelings from the past.

But then, despite everything, you decided to pursue a degree in Psychology. Turning your pain into a path that helps others. You’ve taken all those experiences and used them to find a way to make a difference. Still, studying psychology while dealing with all your personal experiences is emotionally taxing and it’s absolutely understandable to feel exhausted.

You’ve been carrying so much for so long. Balancing your studies, grief, parenting altogether. You are an amazing parent, a beautiful soul, and it’s okay to feel tired. It’s okay to share your pain with others too. You are not alone. :heart: