I’m alone in life and need some to talk to

Is there anyone on here who has dealt with severe social/general anxiety and depression while being a parent? If so, can I get some advice please? I’m drowning.

1 Like

Hi Beckysue. I have and am dealing with personal issues too. I have PTSD. Most of It to me feels like its chronic depression. I deal with It everyday. Anxiety is something that I experience quite often too, but when I think about It I suppose that we all feel anxiety in certain situations from time to time. But when its “severe” like you said, It seems to me that you experience these feelings everyday don’t you?

This is something that needs to be addressed. It’s not a good feeling to be living with day in and day out. I don’t know what your situation is, whether or not you have tried to seek help or not. Perhaps you are afraid? If so that is okay. Nothing wrong with that. I was afraid to seek help too. It takes courage to ask for help. It took courage, a LOT of courage to post here on HeartSupport. Good for you!

There is a difference between you and I. I am not a parent, but you are. That is a very special thing that I don’t know anything about. And I imagine It must have its ups and downs like anything else does. There is something that I do know about children though: They love you. They accept you for who you are. They just want to be loved. Just like once upon a time when you were a child, you wanted to be loved for who you are too. Don’t forget that.

Some good advice I recommend is to spend some time on yourself. Alone if necessary to drown out the noise and seek silence to calm yourself. Just take a few minutes a day. For me I like to listen to music. I also like to play music too. What are your hobbies? What makes you forget the noise?

I want to leave you with this. It may be kinda corny I know lol. But its prevalent on my mind because I just saw that movie that just came out, but anyway I want you to watch and listen to this. Lemme remind you, that just like your children, that you are special. Nothing is wrong with you at all. Just be yourself.

3 Likes

Hi. Thank you for responding! I’m going to try to reply to all of what you have asked but I have bad memory and focus. I’m sorry if I miss something. Yes, I have anxiety everyday depending on the day it will last all day. I’m a stay at home mom. With my anxiety I don’t really leave the house. I have been working with a therapist but I’ve only been seen three times. Once every month. I’m also trying a new medication. It’s all this waiting and in between that’s frustrating. I’m trying so hard to keep going everyday just to have to keep waiting, if that makes sense. I know it’s not going to get better over night but I wish everyone else would understand that. They seem to think that just because I’ve went to the doctors I’m cured and they don’t understand how hard it is for me just to wake up everyday, to live the exact same day over and over again. I’m with my child all the time. I don’t get a break ever. I wake up with my child and I go to sleep with him. It’s him in my face 24/7. Everyone tells me to put him in daycare. I would but I get anxiety about driving and I can’t do it. I’m sorry I just realized I probably wrote a whole paragraph. I’m sorry. I’m on mobile and honestly just suck at writing. I just wish someone in my life would understand what I go through on a daily basis. Sorry I wrote so much.

1 Like

You’re welcome! No you didn’t write a long message at all, you’re fine! And yes I understand more now. Anxiety is a finicky thing to deal with. Medication can throw you off sometimes, I know. Being with your child seems to be very important to you. That is good.

After reading this I see that you are struggling with what others think of you. Lemme ask you one simple thing. What do you want?

That’s all that really matters at the end of the day. Not what the rest of the world sees, but what you see. Problems are and always have been here on this planet and will continue to be here from now till past you and I are gone. There are problems that the rest of the world will fail to see. Just like they have failed to see yours. But don’t let that discourage you from building trust.

Dealing with your own problems is not an overnight process and It is one that you will have to work on. You may even need help along the way and I see you are getting It. Great! Perseverance is an essential ingredient to success.

In other words “don’t quit” keep moving forward. <- this is probably a part of the answer to the question.

2 Likes