I’m always left behind/I’m a last resort

I’ve always known that I’m not anyone’s first choice. If anyone talks to me or invites me somewhere, it’s because one of their friends couldn’t hang out or they have no one to talk to, so they come to me. I’ve gotten used to it and have accepted it, but it still sucks to know that no one hangs out with me because they genuinely want to. No one ever invites me anywhere or talks to me first. It seems like i have to practically beg for their attention and put in all the effort or else I just lose them. I’m walked all over, taken advantage of, and treated like crap by my friends and family and I can’t find a way out of it. I’ve told myself so many times that I won’t let them take advantage of me, I won’t let myself be the last resort, but that’s all I am I guess. I’m the left over that no one wants. I don’t know what I did or why this is who I am, but I’m just nobody to those around me. I’m always the one having to stay caught up with everyone, making sure they haven’t forgotten about me, while my friends stand there and don’t even notice my presence until they need something or it has to do with them. I’m the last one my family and friends think of. It really does hurt and I don’t think anyone will ever think of me as a first thought or choice.

1 Like

Hey there friend,
i’m sorry about the way you’re friends are treating you. It’s hard to find genuine honest people in this type of world nowadays. But i promise, they’re out there. If praying is something you do, i would suggest praying to God and asking him to put good, genuine friends that will help you on your journey and help you grow as a person.
You deserve to have honest, genuine people in your life. If you have a feeling that maybe some toxic friendships are going on, it may be hard, but remove yourself from them. It will save you a lot of trouble in the future. You shouldn’t have to beg for your friends attention, that’s not true friendship.
i understand totally how you feel. it sucks sometimes, but i’m just praying that good, truthful people come into your life and show you what true friendship really is. Stay strong friend.

1 Like