I’m an Exoholic

Hi. I just found this forum. I’m so sad right now in my life and just wanted to talk to people you are unbiased and understand how bad this sucks.

1 Like

Hey, we love you and I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. What’s been going on?

2 Likes

Hey @Vdub
I’m so very sorry you’re feeling so down. But I am so glad you found this community! We are here to love and support you no matter what’s going on. Maybe if you gave us a little more information on what you’re going through we could be more helpful and supportive.
Hold fast,
Hannah Presley

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are having a hard time right now, friend.
Know that we care for you.
I hope that whatever is going on finds relief. Much love to you.

2 Likes

Thanks, you guys are so sweet.
My story… I got married last May to a guy who I thought was my soulmate. We’ve had a tough 10 months and decided to go to marriage counseling. The day of the appt we had a disagreement and he packed his bags and moved to another state WHILE I was in the appt.!!! It’s been almost a month. He’s still there. He texts me every day. Sometimes it’s nice and sometimes he starts a fight. He’s a narcissist so it’s very hard to communicate with him. He’s never wrong. Rarely apologizes and thinks he’s the perfect man. I know I need to let him go and move on but I’m struggling. My counselor (who WAS going to be my marriage counselor is now my personal counselor) tells me she thinks I’m currently an Exoholic, which is a temporary thing that lots of people go through after a breakup. I’m reading a book about it and I know she’s right but it doesn’t change the fact how depressed and miserable I am.
Thanks for reading this long explanation.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! That sounds so awful. I’m so sorry you had to go through that! I married very young. I was just 19 and I learned very early on that there were things in my marriage that were not right. But we stayed married for 13 years. I had nowhere to go. The entire relationship was a strain, lonely and very difficult. It lacked communication and trust and I spent a lot of time alone.

While our situations are very different, I know the heartaches of broken marriages. I’m sorry your husband bailed out on you like that. Man.

You have a friend here if you ever need one. I’m on discord as well.

2 Likes

@Vdub

I’m sorry you are going through this. I am not married, so I can’t give you advice. I’m glad you found this community. If you need to vent, this forum is open. You are not alone.

2 Likes

Thank you. What is discord???

1 Like

Discord is a group text/voice chat app usually for gaming. It’s a lot like skype. We have a discord server where we talk and hang out and support eachother, it’s amazing. You can get it on your phone or just use your computer.

Here’s an invite link, would love to see you there

2 Likes