I-m-currently-struggling-with-money-trying-to-get

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36051
I’m currently struggling with money trying to get back on my feet I’ve been only able to afford 1 maby two meals for a month and I feel lost again just trying to get back on my feet

4 Likes

Oh friend! Money issues can be such a huge cause for stress and anxiety. Have you been able to check to see if you qualify for some kind of food assistance? Is there a food pantry nearby you could get food from? It feels so much harder to get back on your feet when your stomach is empty. Please don’t give up.

2 Likes

@heartsupportwall thank you for the help I actually have gotten some food at a lower cost with the help of one of my friends mark who does finances so I’m now starting to save up some money slowly but steadily getting better

5 Likes

That’s great to hear friend! I would also look into any kind of assistance programs your area may have. I’m not sure where you’re located, but some places have help with rent assistance, food, bills, etc etc. Places like churches and food pantries may also help in your situation.

Maybe setting up a envelope system to save back might help as well. Start setting money back aside you still have after paychecks, and try not to dig into any of it. I know sometimes it’s easier said than done, but I believe in you friend!

1 Like

so proud of you for working with your friend to develop a solid finance plan to budget it all out. i hope this brings relief to your wallet so you can get your needed amount of daily nutrition!

hey, reading your update I hope things are getting better. It takes a little while to build up those savings, but proud of you for going strong x

1 Like

Your efforts working through this are great, and I’m proud of your continued resilience. I hope things continue to improve on your end and am wishing you all the best. <3 Tuna

1 Like

Hey friend,

I am so sorry you are going through this, but am super glad to hear that things are improving! Keep up the hard work! You got this!

1 Like

Hey there! I’m sorry your finances have been struggling but I’m glad that you have a friend helping you find some lower cost food. Definitely shopping sales and coupons are a great way to save. Plus some stores sell food about to go bad at much lower costs. Also, if you have an Aldi’s near you they are much cheaper for most things and especially super cheap spices.
One of my favourite quotes about food is “The important thing is the spices. A man can live on packaged food from here 'til Judgment Day if he’s got enough rosemary.” -Shephard Book, Firefly

I hope that things start improving for you soon. Good luck :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

@heartsupportwall thank you for the help

1 Like

Good for you making your way, trying get back on your feet again. I applaud you for not giving up!

It sounds like it’s pretty rough right now. You may have already tried, but have you contacted food banks or local food insecurity options where you live? Churches sometimes have resources available. It may be difficult for you to accept this kind of help (maybe not) but you can always return the gift when you are able.

You need food for your body, and it sounds like food for your soul. You are always welcome here for soul care and encouragement.

1 Like