I’m doing my best

I feel like I’m doing as best as I can with all aspects of my life but I feel like it’s not good enough. Recently single trying to get into a new routine being on my own but I feel like I’m not doing enough. I’m happy with everything I’m doing, but feel like I’m just not doing enough.

You can only ever do your best, and that is always good enough! Adjusting to a new routine is really difficult and overwhelming, but as long as you are happy with what you’re doing, then that’s all that matters. Sometimes we just need to focus on ourselves and make sure we get to a point where we feel happy with what we’re doing. The fact that you’re happy with what you’re doing is amazing, so hold on to that, always!

1 Like

That feeling of not being good enough and not doing enough is so hard. I know it feels like you’re not enough, but it’s not true. If you’re doing your best, that IS enough. And everyone’s best looks different. Sometimes we get caught in the comparison trap and think we’re not enough because we see someone who’s doing more than us, or is more successful than us. But we’re all different people with different strengths, gifts, and abilities. Only you can define what your best is, and what it means to do enough. You don’t have to mold your life to fit someone else’s expectations. Your best is yours, and you’re doing it.

Hello there :heart:

I want you to know you’re not alone in this feeling - I have several days where I feel as though I’m not and never will be doing enough for myself or for others, and it’s a very rough and detrimental feeling. Something that’s helped me a lot is therapy. I talk with my therapist about what I am doing, and everything I want to be doing, and she reminds me that what I’m doing is incredible and there are only so many hours in a day/week. It takes time to complete the things you want to do, and it takes baby steps. Those baby steps may feel like nothing in the moment, but they’re so important in life and with your mental health. You don’t wanna overload yourself with too much, and so small progressions towards your goals are amazing.

What if you tried writing down the things you wish you could be doing, and breaking them down into small, daily or weekly goals to work towards it? Setting micro-goals, rather than looking at it all at once.

You are not alone and you are definitely doing a lot more than you give yourself credit for :heart: I believe in you!!!

-Sunny

@Bcrops first off thank you for sharing this with us.

I want you to know that doing the best you can is all you can do. It is so hard when you feel like you are just not doing enough. But one thing I have learned is only you set the routine and keep going with what you want you are doing more than enough. For me personally these are always thoughts in my head. Do I do enough am I trying hard enough. Those are the times I have to stop and say yes I am doing what I can and that is what matters. You are not defined by if you do this or that you are defined by so much more than that. Do not let others standards determine your worth. I am sorry you are battling with this.

Hold fast we are here,
Ash