I’m in love with my best friend, but she doesn’t love me back

So I’ve known this girl since sophomore year in high school (I’m a sophomore in college now) and deep down I really love her. She’s helped me during the worst times and the best and she helped me to confirm my own bisexuality and I love her so much. I know I’d be the best girlfriend to her and I’ve watched her get hurt by woman after woman. She always talks about how much she would love a girlfriend that loves Harry Potter and food and that she could have fun and dork out with and sometimes I just want to scream at her, I’M RIGHT HERE. I’ve told her before but she said she was different in a relationship than she is as a friend and another time said she only saw me as a good friend. It’s torture to talk to her and hear about other girls all the time and pretend like I’m happy for her when I’m the one who loves her the most. What should I do?

This is a tough one…from my personal experience I learned that you can’t make anyone feel a certain way. I have a friend who has confessed his love for me many times and unfortunately I don’t feel the same way, but I appreciate how much he cares for me and I know he’ll always be there for me. Maybe try focusing on the friendship. Try just being there for her but also be open and honest with your feelings. Don’t hide them or bottle them up because that takes a toll on you mentally and emotionally. If she’s a good friend she’ll respect your feelings and the love you have for her. She may not feel the same type of love back, but hopefully she will appreciate it. I’m sorry if this doesn’t really help much.