I’m not important to anyone

Staff Edit from @NateTriesAgain:

50%20AM

If you landed here from Google and feel alone or worthless, I want you to know you’re not alone. You can take this self-assessment to find next steps:

—> HELP WITH LONELINESS <—

Hold fast. We believe in you.

I’ve honestly never felt this alone in my life.
Do people actually even care about me anymore? I can’t help but feel like I’m just someone that can be replaced by the next person who comes along.
If I disappeared, no one would even notice. I don’t know if I believe that anyone would even bother to reach out to find out why.
I put my whole heart into the relationships I have with people, I would do anything in my power to see the people I love happy and healthy… But… Why can’t I find anyone to do the same for me? I just want to believe that there is ONE person in my life that cares about me on the same level I care about my friends. I can’t stop loving people that way though. I’ve tried so hard to learn to distance myself, but, when I care about someone, it’s on a level that I can no longer stop. Yet sometimes it seems that to those people, I’m just another person… not a friend, not a family, just… someone that is passing through.
I know that God loves me. I know that I am important enough that Jesus died for me. But I’m human and humans need physical touch and support. They NEED to have that connection to another person. If I can’t even find a friend who loves me the same way I love my friends, what chance do I have of finding anyone at all? I’m starting to genuinely believe all of this. My heart is broken and I’m in so much pain.

Kayla

1 Like

Hey Kayla,

I just want to tell you that I love you, and that I see you and that I’m sorry you are hurting. You are not alone! This entire community (including myself) loves and cares about you, and will continue to walk along side you in life despite your struggles and what you are going through, because well that’s what community is, and you and worth that whether you believe it or not.

You and I have that in common, of investing everything into friendships. And it’s hard when you are putting everything in and you feel like everyone else isn’t putting in what you are putting in. And I’m so sorry you are feeling that way and that’s a shitty way to feel. But I would never say stop doing that, because that makes you you and that makes you a good friend.

Just know that I love you, and keep your head up. You are stronger than you think you are, and remember that I’m always here for you. Love you!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

Hey,

You’re important to me.

You’re loved.

You deserve the good.

You are important.

People care.

Take it slow.

I believe in you.

Love,
Lys

1 Like

Hi Kayla!
I, too, put my whole heart into the relationships I have with people. When I find friends that I click so well with, I care for them and I would go above to do anything for them. But in return, I don’t get that from them. It hurts. I know. And you don’t have to stop loving them, I guess what you should do is lower your expectations of that person. Continue to love them and be there when they reach out, but don’t beat yourself up because they don’t love you in a way that you love them. Be kind to yourself. This community loves you!

2 Likes

Hey Kayla!

Thank you for sharing with us, friend. That shows a lot of maturity and I can tell you area very well articulated and thoughtful person, so thank you again.

You are loved and you are valuable. I know it doesn’t feel that way sometime (maybe a lot of the times), but you have to know that we here at Heart Support love you, want to see you be happy, and are your friends, your true friends. You are important to us!

We love you girl, you are our friend.

Hold fast!

Sam S.

1 Like

My dear Kayla,

My heart breaks to know you are feeling so hurt. It might feel like no one cares, but I care. You are my friend and I feel so blessed that I got to get to know you more last weekend. I know it’s not the same as seeing someone all the time in real life, but I want you to know that there is someone out there who loves you for you. It hurts when that love doesn’t feel reciprocated, but I can tell you that you deserve all the love you give others. You have such a beautiful soul and you mean so much to me.

Love Always,
Cassie

1 Like

Like I mentioned in chat earlier, I relate to so much of this. It’s something I battle with greatly. I have let a lot of hurtful people pound it into my head that I am not a likable person, that I am unwanted, worthless and not good enough to be loved. I have NO family. My family was toxic and hurtful so I had to either distance myself or was shunned. None of them ever caring that I am not even there. They would rather hide truths and abuse going on than support me.

So I spend a lot of time alone. With very few people to reach out in my personal life away from online. So I know what it’s like to feel alone, uncared for or unwanted. I know what its like to feel unappreciated.

As far as friends who make me feel that way. 1.) Ive had to let go of people who the relationship is a one way with. We just can’t invest into other people that don’t want to mutually put in the relationship. Its not healty. 2.) BUT sometimes we just have to find understanding. As sometimes life gets busy, hectic and we all get distracted by our lives and that cant be helped. It makes it hard to be as active in our social lives as wed like. And that’s normal. There are a lot people I used to be close to that we aren’t quite as actively close as we used to be simply because life. But we still see each other on media and support each other in a way that we can.

Its a matter of knowing the difference :slight_smile: Filter those who aren’t good friends but also have a patience and understanding for those who may just be going through their own thing or just be really busy with life and its just hard to find time to sit and be social. It happens.

Know that you are important to me. I care about you. I love the person I’ve come to know in you. I see you that you are hurting and I see what you are saying. You are not alone. You have a friend in me. Just know that. I support you. I believe in you. I know you are struggling right now but I am here to walk beside you. I cant resolve the things you battle with, but I can be a positive force for you. <3 I try my best.

Hold fast my sweet friend.

Hi Kayla! Your situation is very relatable on a personal matter. Just like Koyangi said earlier, learning how to let go of toxic relationships and being understanding is not easy, but it can be achieved. Sometimes it just simply is like to be as socially active as we would like to.

However, just know that you are NOT alone, you’re a friend, OUR friend. This community loves you and will continue to do so in the future. <3