I’m scared of going emotionally numb again

Fuck. I hate this so much. I’m so scared, I’ll go emotionally numb again. I have been for a long time, although the last few weeks were better. Almost good. But now, I feel like I’m just spiralling down again and like I’m going numb again.

2 Likes

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Hey friend,
It is okay to be scared of going emotionally numb since it sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Being emotionally numb is a dark place to be but sometimes it is the body’s safe place away from being overwhelmed by the physical chaos outside. I am glad you had a few weeks of peace away from the numbness.
If you need anything feel free to continue reaching out

1 Like

Hey friend,

Man I feel this. Some of my worst moments with anxiety and depression were simply the fear of being depressed again. It is absolutely terrifying to feel like you’re spiraling and have no control over it.

Something that really helps with me is doing things that allow me to remain planted in the present instead of focusing on what MIGHT happen in the future. Meditation and Mindfulness are really helpful with this.

Another thing I do is reach out to people who care about me. When I’m reminded that I have people who care for me and I care for them, it is easier to hold onto the good emotions.

Sending love to you friend!

1 Like

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease

Is there anything for us (HeartSupport) to help you?