I’m sick and exhausted from pregnancy

Hallo, some of you may know my partner on here, he is such a kind and generous person and I know he would move heaven and earth to help me. He unfortunately cannot take away this pain and sickness.
He’s so kindly encouraged me to reach out somewhere and he even more kindly agreed to allow me the privacy of not reading my posts, bless him.

So, obviously I am sick and exhausted from pregnancy. 16 weeks too long if you ask me. I love the idea of being able to give life to this child, I love that this child will hold and carry the many traits and characteristics from both of us. I genuinely do love that, but my gooooood.
What do you do with this hyper sickened state?
Or even keep your mind clear enough that you look forward to the day you get to hold this little imp?

There are a lot of other wonderful things happening around us, and I do really feel guilty that my partner has been slaving like a trooper to provide for us. I do my best to take my part in it, and I contributed financially to all the moving and the planning. I can WFH, but the sickness does make it hard still.
I just wish that I could do more for him. Support him. I know he has been through hell and now he’s working his literal ass off not just for me, but for our bee. I cannot thank him enough.

What the hell did I even type or ask for? I don’t know! HA!
Thanks for listening, Kia ora x

7 Likes

My AliceBlue, Kia kaha.
Everything will be amazing with you! I cannot wait to give you and little bee so much love!
You do so much and I could write an endless list of all the wonderful things you bring into every day.

You hopefully know I would make everything so much easier for you if I could! I promise it will be worth it when that little bee holds your fingers in their little palm.

All my heart x

4 Likes

Hey Alice
It is so lovely to meet you here. yes of course we are very lucky to know your wonderful partner and now even more lucky to meet you. I am so sorry you are struggling with this dreadful sickness. it sounds so bad, I have never had a child so it is hard for me to know how that is but I would certainly encourage you to talk to your doctor if its too bad and ask for something to help with it, even if they can suggest a herbal remedy that would be great. Hopefully it will wear off very soon.
You and your partner sound like you are going to be such beautiful parents, I feel like though that you are both putting too much pressure on yourselves to “get everything perfect” and you don’t have to do that, You are growing a child inside of you, that in itself is indescribable and incredible so if you are not doing everything else perfectly they really, who cares? if your partner is worrying about you, let him, hes allowed he loves you and he wants to care for you whilst you do this wonderful thing for you both.
take this time to make the most of what is happening around you, this is the last time for a long time you are going to be alone together so stop worrying and enjoy it. The love you two have for eachother and that baby will carry you through and everything will be fine. It might not stop you being sick but everything else will work out fine.
I cannot wait to hear all the updates about how things are getting on. You are both in my thoughts. Take care for now. Lisa. x

4 Likes

Hi AliceBlue,
thank you so much for reaching out, welcome to Heart Support.
as far as i can tell, from your partner and what we know that far, you will be booth be amazing parents, amazing
partners in your life to complete each other. this journey is yours to hold, yours to go.
there is a human growing inside you, that is a lot that you carry at the moment. a lot that you are going through.
you support each other and you booth love that child that you are awaiting, sounds like good parents to me.
about the sickness, and i am definetely no expert when it comes to pregnancy, don’t want childs, was never pregnant and not planning to be. with the morning sickness healthy nutritioning could be something to look into.
to get your body all things that you need, to help your system being healthy for another life in your body.
ginger is something for the throat that is extremely good. vitamins, fiber, minerals, protein
i feel proud knowing that guy that will be the dad of your child, he is such a kind heart, someone to hold for you.
to know that a child is raised by parents like you booth will be, is comforting because that child will carry great values in his life. he promised that when we write gentle words here, we can name your child, the pool for votes will open shortly.
you thank him with your love, he deserves that. like you deserves his. love is always and will always be the answer.
to keep your mind clear through those times, maybe journaling could be something. write your mind out and share your thoughts with him. talk a lot about how you feel, what you are going through. talking helps so much.
my thoughts are with booth of you and your families, wishing for a healthy baby that will be in your lives soon.
you are to be held, not to be missed.
you are not alone in this, you matter most. you are loved and feel hugged :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I’m so happy to have you and your partner in this community! I’m so very sorry you’ve been having this sickness, I can’t imagine how it must feel!
I’m sure you have been chatting with your medical professionals during this, and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t, but I do hope that maybe something like the ginger as aardvark mentioned could help a little.
Maybe even some cool carbonated fluids could help.

And as for your lovely partner, my word, what can I add that hasn’t been said?! Seeing someone be so dedicated to you and your baby’s well being has really been such a beautiful thing.
He clearly cares strongly about you and I am more than sure that he would rather you take care of yourself and the baby than to try stress yourself out.

I want in on this baby naming list, because if it’s up to @Aardvark it’ll be nothing short of creative to say the least haha!

I do hope you are feeling better soon

2 Likes

Wow my days! I appreciate you all so much!
Whois-
you always make life easier, trust me I am the one who could write a list. Thanks for being a shining star! Clearly everyone sees how special you are x

@Lisalovesfeathers lord knows I need to spend more time enjoying a quiet moment! Thank you so much for your support and for the reminder! It’s natural to worry about the people you love, isn’t it! We could spend way too long worrying and miss all the in between moments of quiet and fun.
I can tell how much Whois really loves this community and loves the people in it, and I am excited to get to know you and everyone a bit more!

@Aardvark i can’t tell you how proud of Whois I am! I really can’t! And I can’t express how thankful I am for all this kindness! I think journaling will be a great idea, and maybe writing down all the things I’m looking forward to when things start to feel too much.
Lol if Whois tells you that you can name our child, then I will wholeheartedly allow you all to take the lead on it! That made me laugh

ManekiNeko (sorry I can only do two tags in the post, so I hope you see this)-
thank you so so much, it can be really hard some days. Some days have been good though, it helps having him by my side! It really does and it brings me joy seeing how much love people have for him. It overwhelms my heart actually!
I hope he knows how much he deserves this praise and this kindness! I don’t at times feel like I do, but I’m going to embrace all this because it means a lot that you all take your time to be so supportive!

All love x

3 Likes

I hope this picture brings you some happiness and peace x
I don’t know why, but it felt like something for you.

3 Likes

Hallo,

I was quite sick for most of my pregnancy and what finally worked for me was Dramamine and Unisom. Prior to these I couldn’t walk, eat or drink without feeling nauseated.

On top of that, lots of rest, drinking what you can and grazing on food throughout the day rather than eating huge meals.

I’m sorry you are going through this. Fortunately it does come to an end once the baby is born, hopefully sooner. Best wishes to you, you can do this.

2 Likes

That picture is so beautiful! Thank you!!
@Sapphire i hate sounding like all I do is complain, it’s just such a pain in the ass. Dr did give me some medication to help with the nauseous which sometimes works.
Sometimes doesn’t as well!

2 Likes

I tried Diclegis and Zofran and they did nothing to help my nausea. Both of these were prescriptions.

Their next suggestion was to have me take Unisom and B12 (over the counter) and this took the edge off but the nausea was still pretty severe.

Dramamine (over the counter) was a life saver. The Unisom taken with it helped too. My doctor also offered to write a prescription for a Dramamine patch but that didn’t happen.

Anyway, they told me that there is something about the ingredients in Unisom that for whatever reason works well to help with morning sickness so it may be worth trying.

By all means complain! If I hadn’t called my doctor every few days because of my morning sickness I would have stayed absolutely miserable for the vast majority of my pregnancy.

Mine may have had something to do with my baby being a girl and also the fact that she has Noonan Syndrome - apparently I had a lot of excess fluid in my abdomen which is not uncommon with Noonan pregnancies.

I’m rambling now so I’ll wrap this up. Keep advocating for yourself! There must be something that will help you.

1 Like