I’m “slightly” tired

It has been a crazy week, and it’s not over yet…

I’ve been working three jobs, and one was more exhausting than the other.

This morning I walked to the office, just to find out I’ll only be there for an hour before I have to walk back home.
Then I got to drive to the mall to pick up two big boxes with stuff for my nephew’s birthday party.
The i got to drive to the party to play with the kids and paint their faces and stuff.
After cleaning up with my sister, I drove home to start baking a cake for tomorrow.
The kitchen is a mess because my parents are having a party while i bake and they keep walking in and putting stuff everywhere so I don’t have space to work. It’s been 4 hours of baking and I’m not done yet, and it’ll be a while still.

It’s almost midnight now, my shoulders are sunburnt, my feet hurt, tears in my eyes from exhaustion.

Don’t get it wrong, I love two of the three jobs I’ve been working; I loved being and helping at a party for 3 year olds; and I love baking a massive cake for my nephew.
I’m just so tired.

I’ve not been doing so great with my mental health and I didn’t take a lot of care of myself lately, so this is a challenge right now.
I just want to sleep, but I’m not sure I can get sleep soon.

The next two days will be less work, just a lot of family gatherings (which are almost more exhausting…)

To say I’m stressed is an understatement.

Thanks for listening to me ranting.

2 Likes

Hang in there Fiji. You got this. And we got you.

2 Likes

I know it’s a rough time right now because you’re in the thick of it. You will get through these next few days and when you do you can look back and see just how strong you are. Family gatherings and social interaction are extremely stressful for me and they drain all my energy so I know how you feel.

Hopefully after all these events you’ll be able to take some time for yourself. If you can’t take a whole day then set aside a few moments to just sit down, close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths. It definitely helps.

I hope you are able to enjoy some of the time spent with family as well. Hang in there!

4 Likes