I’m so broke and broken

Struggling to make rent on New Year’s Day. I work a lot but it just isn’t enough. Having a wife and 3 kids can drain the wallet and it just makes me feel like a failure when I can’t afford a roof over our heads… not asking for a hand out just stating that I’m broke and it really sucks to start off the new year living pay check to pay check all the damn time. I’ve been doing it for 15+ years now living off a teenager’s first job salary and not having the self confience or self esteem to believe in myself and progress in life… I’m just scared I won’t amount to anything and fail my family and carry this burden the rest of my life

1 Like

Hey friend,
thank you for sharing. i just want you to know that your efforts are not in vain. I’m sure your family appreciates all that you’ve done and are doing. And i know i don’t know you but i appreciate you. I can just imagine how hard that must be and you’re doing it. You’re doing great man. You were made by Greatness and for greatness. I’m praying for you friend. You are worth so much more than you think and are loved immensely. you don’t have to carry this burden on your own. Know that God is with you and is there to help. :slight_smile:
"Come to me all you who are weary and burden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matt. 11:28)
hold fast! in case no ones told you, i’m proud of how far you’ve come. Because it seems to me you’ve come a long way. Keep going bud, God’s with you and Hes got you fam!
praying for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Friend

First I want to wish you and yours a Happy New Year. I find myself often struggling on New Years Eve, New Years day, because often people mark the new year as a new beginning, and for those of you that can do that, hats off, but I know that sometimes for other it’s tough. We make goals to start the new year, and we strive to meet those goals, and that’s great, but also we need to make sure we are setting realistic goals, that are attainable!

^^ I know that doesn’t directly hit what you’re talking about but I think it’s important for everyone to hear and remember. Now going on to your topic, this feeling of not being good enough, feeling like you won’t amount to anything, and fear of failing your family, that’s so freaking tough, and I’m sorry that you are experiencing those feelings, I encourage you to identify those things as lies that you are believing. Because those are exactly what those are, that’s not the truth at all. You DO AMOUNT TO SOMETHING, and you wanna know why, because you have breathe in your lungs, therefore you have worth, therefore you amount to something, therefore you are loved. And that’s that.

It’s hard to amount your financial status to your worth, that’s something that I’ve struggled with especially growing up in a home where my parents lived paycheck to paycheck. And all my friends had more money, and had all the nicest thing, and here I was wearing the same tennis shoes I’ve had for two years that had holes in them. But let me tell you that your kids don’t define their love by how much money you have, but rather the time you spend with them.

I encourage you to reach out to places locally around you if you need help, it’s okay to need help and to ask for help. There’s a lot of non for profits that would probably be willing to help, or churches, or even local food pantries. Just know we love you, and here to support you.

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

1 Like

Almost everyone lives paycheck to paycheck, it’spart of consumerism. If you want to get a handle on your finances, then maybe watching the Dave Ramsey showon Youtube could help. He gives very clear and honest answers to people in your (and previous mine) situation.

I hope this helps.

kind regards,

Martin / ThatOldDutchGuy

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses! They are most appreciated if you don’t think so, they are! Life has been a struggle in general. The fiancial burden feels like the fuel for the fire. Even though people say money doesn’t buy happiness; I think to acertain extent it does. It brings comfort and stability. It will always be there in our lifetime. It’s hard not to think of making enough money! It shouldn’t define my worth but right now. It’s all I can see is the life I don’t have because of lack of income…

1 Like