I’m so lonely and suicidal

Lately I just feel so alone. I have no friends, no money (I’m trying to get into disability support pension), no job, no relationship and I feel like a piece of trash. I don’t think anyone will ever want to be with me and every time I make friends they use me and leave me more hurt. I feel so lonely all the time and my mental illnesses have made it hard to keep jobs or make friends. I’ve tried to make changes to my life and they didn’t work. I recently tried to overdose and I have struggled with severe self harm for 7 plus years.I’ve been in therapy for years, been in psyc hospitals, take medication but I still want to give up. every thing hurts so bad and I’m sick of fighting for things that never happen. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

3 Likes

Hey @GrungeGirl,

I’m sorry this is a late response compared to when you posted. I see you, friend. You’re not invisible and you’re not alone. Your voice is heard.

It sounds that you had your share of obstacles and it truly makes sense to feel tired when life feels like a constant battle, especially if you’ve been on your own most of the time, disappointed or hurt by others as well. You want to feel better, to have a spark of what others seems to get so easily: just a bit of peace and reasons to look forward. My heart goes out to you, friend. And I’m really grateful that you’re still with us today. Even if it feels like you’re running out of options, you’re alive right now, and that’s you very first strength.

All the efforts you’ve been gathering for your mental health, for your well-being, were not wasted, even if it didn’t produce the result you expected so far. You can be proud of yourself for all the steps you’ve been taking in that direction. Therapy, hospital, medications… those are huge, huge steps that shows your perseverance and humility. You were worth all of these efforts yesterday, and you are still worth it today. But now might be the time to make some adjustments in your life and consider different options. I hear that you’re trying to get a disability pension, which is again an awesome step that’s going to help you to feel some relief. I hope with all my heart that the result will be nothing but positive.

If I may ask, how therapy and medications helped you? What are the things that you’re willing to keep with you from those experiences? Whether it’s things you’ve learned about yourself, coping mechanisms, tips and tools of all kind. And do you have any support system right now?

Also, you mentioned this:

I’ve tried to make changes to my life and they didn’t work.

What were these changes, and how did they fail?

You’re not alone. We’re in this with you. It’s okay to take it one day at a time from now. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind and beautiful words. It really touched me and encouraged me today. I have been having a lot of medication changes to try to find the right combination and dose so hopefully once it’s right it will help my overall mental health. Therapy has helped me gain tools to use in different life situations or when I just feel overwhelmed. I do have a good support system which is mainly my family and doctor. I just don’t have any friends and that gets me down. I really appreciate you replying and I hope you are doing well. :heart::heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.