I’m worried about my parents treating me differently

Hi, I recently came out as abrosexual which is when a person has sexuality fluidity and I’m worried about they treat me differently because I found out that I’m abrosexual when I in college that’s where I’m at now and I’m going to home tomorrow and scared as fuck

3 Likes

Hey Dark,

I totally get how scary it can be when you aren’t sure if your family will be accepting of you. I felt the same way when I came out to my parents as pansexual and even still feel it with me being genderfluid.

The nervousness is normal since as a society we are looking for approval from others. I just want you to know that there will always be a family for you in this community and that you are not alone in your struggles.

I may not share the experience of being abrosexual, but I can understand the feelings of not fitting in and being scared to be truly you.

If they do treat you differently because of a small aspect of your personality, such as your sexual or gender orientation, then that means they aren’t looking at the true essence of you as a person. Your true essence hasn’t changed. Only the labels that you have found for yourself has.

I want you to know that you are heard and that you are loved.

Please reach out if necessary.

Hold Fast,
Kaijivara

2 Likes

Thanks love ya :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Hey @Thedark1894,

This can be scary, for sure, but coming out as you want to is also very, very brave. I hope with all my heart that your parents will welcome what you’ll share (or shared?) with only love, love and love again.

You’re beautiful as you are. Know that we’re all very proud of you right here. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.