I made a tiny bit of progress

Today I went to work for the first time in over 10+ days of staying home due to mental health and sickness, I took my Mr Tiny Teddy :teddy_bear: with my for mental health support as I always take a stuffie with me to work for mental health. I am however very anxious and scared still, I had an amazing time yesterday on the heartsupport stream from Nate and such a warming and good feelings in support group 3, which I attended for the first time yesterday. I also changed my usernames on several platforms and my discord got a complete overhaul to be more cute and warm feeling, also because I needed to move on from my old username because that one carries to much emotional baggage. I want to end this on a happy note tho, this weekend me and a friend and two of his friends are going to a rave/party which is tied in with our safe space and I hope it will be amazing, I am slightly anxious about it. Also the happier news is that there is two more stuffies on the way in shipping towards me and some items for my safe space, I can’t wait to get them. As a final note a picture of Mr Tiny Teddy :teddy_bear:

3 Likes

Hey @Alexis,

Gosh dangit, this is beautiful! So much power in the steps you’ve been taking. Getting back to work after 10+ days off is definitely a big move. I surely relate to your sense of fear, being a socially anxious bean myself. Work environment can be a pretty challenging space, especially after being away for some time. We fear the unwanted questions and comments from coworkers, that feeling of having to catch up on what we’ve been missing out… It’s tough. But so are you! How was your day there? If you don’t mind me asking.

On that positive note, it’s a pleasure to welcome you in this community and see that you’ve already had nice connections in here! Well done for taking steps to move forward in your healing. You are not alone and you won’t be alone on this journey.

PS - Aaah this Mr Tiny Teddy looks so soft! Just the picture gives all the feels!

2 Likes

Hey Alexis, I’m glad you were able to get back into work after dealing with what you did. Mental health paird with sickness REALLY sucks. I hope you’ve been able to get back into the groove!

I deal with a lot of anxiety myself and I made some realizations that I hope help you, too. Anxiety is worrying about the future. worrying about the future robs you of the present. So, taking the time to deeply breathe and calm yourself down enough to understand that the present moment is all we have and that worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet is senseless (I know it feels like it does, so I’m not discrediting that). I also like to tell my self that whatever I’m worried about isn’t happening right now. So I do my best to keep myself locked in the present as I can. I hope this helps you too!

2 Likes

Hallos! I do remember you from the twitch stream on Monday I think. What an achievement to go to work for the first time in over 10 days that’s incredible you should be very proud of you’re self. That teddy is super cute and looks cuddly. It’s amazing how different materialized items can help Anxiety. That sounds super cool that party you and other people are going to you should keep us updated on how that went. Also, don’t underestimate the progress you made as going to work is huge progress. Well done Alexis <3

2 Likes

Thank you all so much, these replies really warm my heart, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t cry because of the amount of support I have gotten over these first few days in the heartsupport community, thank you thank you.

Ps- yes, Mr Tiny Teddy is very soft and cuddly but he has a bigger brother too who is exactly the same but just about 1m~ tall :sweat_smile: (I have a lot of stuffies and they help me greatly with everything)

2 Likes