I need help ASAP

I am struggling with depression and anxiety and other issues. I’m not sure where to turn. I need help. I’m tired of struggling. I have considered putting myself in somewhere but no one wants me to do that. I feel lost hopeless worthless all the above

1 Like

@ffdplover09
I’m so sorry you’ve been feeling this way. But you’ve come to a great place for support! Many of us here have similar struggles with anxiety and depression; we are here to listen and help. There is still hope.
Did anything particular trigger these feelings? Feel free to respond here or private message if you want.
Sending well wishes your way. Things can improve!
<3
Eyeless

1 Like

Thank you. Honestly I’ve gotten so bad that the least little thing triggers it.

Hi @ffdplover09,

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through a rough time. :confused: We’re here for you! Have you considered seeking psychiatry and/or psychology/counseling? I would highly recommend it; it has definitely helped me a lot!

-Eric

2 Likes

I have been going to one but they aren’t really helping. Just keep piling on diagnosis and meds. Nothing they put me on helps. So I’m trying to find another place but it’s hard considering I don’t have insurance or income right now

1 Like

@ffdplover09
I hope you are eventually able to find a professional whom can help, I know the journey can be stressful. I found that group therapy has helped me the most. (Which is really tough to find right now, given the state of the world and current restrictions.) But in the meantime, we are all here to listen and help… sometimes just venting is really beneficial
-Eyeless

I guess everything started when my husband got hurt at work 4 yrs ago and is not on disability for the rest of his life. We have struggled with so much. Then not he needs back surgery. My dad had a massive stroke in June and still can’t walk at all so me and my husband and mom have to fully take care of him. And now my mental health is horrible. I mean I see things and hear things sometimes. My anxiety is horrible I can’t go anywhere with having 2-3 or more panic attacks. I have had here recently 4-6 a day. It’s Exhausting to say the least. Plus living where I am it’s hard to get anything you need. Just found out my regular got my a appointment with a Psychiatrist but it’s sept 2. I don’t know if I can keep on til then. I’m going insane

2 Likes

@ffdplover09 My heart goes out you. It really sounds like you’ve been given some tough breaks in life, but I really admire you for pushing through. I am certain your husband and father both appreciate all you do.
Your own mental health is of great importance! So I also admire that you are opening up and seeking support.

I would like to share a helpful tool I use when trying to come down from an anxiety attack or triggers:

-name 3 items I can SEE (this can be in your surroundings or on yourself)

-list 3 sounds I can HEAR (again, this can be surroundings, or even your own breathing)

-name at least two scents you can SMELL

-list 3 things I can FEEL. ( Such as feeling your feet on the floor., a chair beneath your butt, air blowing on your skin)

-list anything I can TASTE (this can be as simple as focusing on my own saliva)

By the time I’ve made it through at least two of these steps I begin to feel better. I also repeat the steps if necessary! It’s a helpful tool to help focus on the present moment and bringing me back into reality.

-Eyeless

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through all these situations. Stress can definitely bring out the psychotic symptoms that you are experiencing (seeing/hearing things). I personally have experienced both along with horrifying anxiety.

September is a long time to wait. I would consider calling your doctor and describe your symptoms and see if they can fit you in sooner. If not, maybe ask to speak with a therapist. They can often relieve stress and give you positive coping mechanisms. And if your situation is serious enough, they might suggest going to the hospital and getting inpatient treatment. I know that inpatient treatment helped me with my Schizoaffective disorder. I got relief from a lot of my symptoms fairly quickly after being properly diagnosed. Other symptoms I was able to work out in therapy and with support from family.

Thank you so much for reaching out and being honest about what you are going through. I know it can be tough. I hope some of this helps. Just remember that you’re not alone.

1 Like

I called them and they said that was only appointment they had. Tried to get in with therapist but said it be October before I can get one. I have thought about being put in but really scared about it because I don’t know how long I will be there or anything plus not having income or insurance I can’t afford it

I’m sure it depends on what state you’re in, but I have a friend who needed inpatient psychiatric help for an eating disorder and because she was making under a certain amount, medical assistance paid for most of her 3 months of medical bills. She also was able to get temporary disability while she was in the hospital. From what I understand, you can go into your local county assistance office and see if you qualify. You can also probably find the details online.

From what I know here in Alabama they don’t have anything like that. Atleast from what I’ve been told. I’ve tried to get the states Medicaid here in Alabama but they tell me I can’t get it because I’m not pregnant or 65 and older. Here in Alabama there is very little help for anything unless you can afford it. And I can’t afford to pay $200 per visit. I hate living here. If it wasn’t for family here I believe me and my husband would move

Hmm, that can be tricky. Is your husband on disability? I googled Alabama’s medical assistance and it says “You must also be either pregnant, blind, have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability, be responsible for children under 19 years of age, or be 65 years of age or older.” If you also meet the financial part, you may qualify because of your husband. You yourself might even qualify for disability or temporary disability. If you can, I recommend talking to people at the county assistance office in person just to see if you do qualify for anything. They can be very helpful in person and if they can understand your situation, they may be able to pull strings to get you what you need.

There’s got to be a solution. I know in my case I had to go through certain channels to get help and I ultimately got the help I desperately needed. I had to be persistent though and not give up.

I have went several time but even though my husband is on disability they still tell me I don’t qualify. Oven been trying to get disability for 3-4 yrs and have been denied each time. Got a lawyer the 1st and still denied it so I resubmitted everything and got denied again and got a different lawyer so now I’m just waiting on a hearing. It’s been a mess for sure

That’s really tough. I’m sorry that I can’t help more. I know that disability can be a long process, so just hang in there. Hopefully this time around you will be able to get it and get the extra help you need.