I-need-help-i-seriously-dont-know-what-to-do-with

From Booberrydreams: I need help. I seriously don’t know what to do with my sleep anymore. I can’t seem to stay asleep longer than 3 hours at a time, and it’s driving me nuts. It would be fine if I felt rested when I wake up, but I don’t. I can’t even remember the last time I had a good night’s sleep. Sometimes I wake up with my heart rushing. Most times I just gain consciousness and find myself awake. Edibles only help me fall asleep, and as soon as they wear off, I’m awake again. I don’t even take naps during the day so that I could sleep better at night. I also don’t consume more than a cup of coffee’s worth of caffeine. I am at a loss.

3 Likes

I just read your post have you thought about seeing a therapist or try to take natural suplliments for your sleep?

Hey friend, it sucks that you haven’t been able to get a good night’s sleep in a long time. That’s so stressful and exhausting. There are many reasons why you could be having trouble sleeping and there are medical things like for example, sleep apnea that can prevent you from sleeping soundly. I had sleep apnea for awhile and some of what you described, I experienced as well. Like I said tho, there are a lot of things that can cause this.

I would recommend making an appointment with your family doctor and start there. I feel like it would be a good idea to rule out anything medical first and go from there. I hope that you can figure this out and take care!

From Booberrydreams: Thank you all for the love and support. I found this discord through one of the affiliated streamers and I’m glad I did. I really needed a space I could share this issue with. Unfortunately it is really hard to seek medical help when I don’t have health insurance and my financials are already quite tight as it is. I have tried melatonin but same as edibles, it only induces sleep and doesn’t keep me asleep. And I wake up feeling worse from the lingering aftereffects of melatonin. If there is an affordable way for me to seek medical help, please let me know…!