I need help please, anyone

There’s no category to go with this topic but I need professional or helpful advice. I have a friend whose going through a lot, his parents keeps threatening to kick him out of there house and he has no where to go and he’s only 18, not so along about he “attempted” and I nearly had a heart attack…I’m his online friend and I don’t know what to do…is there anyway to handle this?

2 Likes

Hi @LeviEggo. The only thing I can really tell you is to just let him know that you’re there for him to talk to. To be honest, if you only know him online, there’s really not much you can do that I know of. If you know his address and he says he wants to attempt again, you can call emergency services and have them sent to his house. Help him look for homeless shelters in his area so he has a plan on somewhere to go if his parents do kick him out. Other than that, I don’t really know what to tell you. Maybe tell him about HeartSupport. No one at HeartSupport can really give professional advice, we can only let you know what we have done in the past or what we would do if we came across the situation. Also, a professional can’t talk to you about his situation unless he’s there in person and agrees to it. I know this makes it hard, and it can make someone feel helpless. Just know that it isn’t your fault, and try to realize you are doing the best that you can for him.

If his parents are telling him they are going to kick him out, there is some reason for it. That doesn’t mean they are right to threaten it, and it really stinks that they would do that, but they have their reasons. If it’s just because they don’t understand his issues, he may do better somewhere away from them. I can’t really comment because of not knowing his situation, so maybe gently suggest to have him come here and talk about it?

Hope something I said helps.

~Daisy :hearts:

2 Likes

Hey LeviEggo,

You are already helping your friend by being there for him and being someone he can talk to. You have created a safe space for him. I think the best you can do, is continue to be supportive and continue the safe space you have.

3 Likes

Right now, being there for him and calming him down in intense situations is the best you can do for him. When he asks you for advice, you give him your best shot, but at the end of the day, the decision is his to make, you know? You can only do so much through a screen. Pray for him. Support him. Be there for him. That can make the biggest difference.

1 Like