I need some advise please

I was diagnosed with bipolar today. I don’t really know what to think about it. I don’t know anything or anyone that has bipolar. The only experience I have with it was from an abusive ex-boyfriend that had it. Part of me totally sees how this diagnosis makes sense and the other half feels like (and not to sound bad) but not as mentally ill as how media and has portrayed bipolar disorder to be. I’m leaving the country soon and don’t think I will be able to get on any kind of medication till next year.
if anyone has any insight or knows anything about bipolar or has it I would love to talk. I have some support from a couple people at my church but other then that feel all alone in this.

Hey friend,

It can be really scary and difficult to go through a diagnosis, especially when you have such another big life change coming up. This is a wonderful resource for you to check out. https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/bipolar-disorder If you are in the states, there’s ways to connect to support groups. But I know you stated you are leaving the country soon so idk if this is helpful or not. I just want you to know that even though you may have seen bad stereotypes, or had a bad experience a diagnosis is nothing to be scared or ashamed of. It is merely a tool to help you get the care you may need. Hope this helps!
Your friend,
Sicaswords

1 Like

Hey friend!
What you’re going through is completely normal, and you’d be shocked to know how many people actually battle bipolar disorders! I second everything Jess said, and I also wonder if you could find a support group online. If you use Facebook, there are usually groups you can find for ANYTHING and I myself am a part of a few health related ones and have gotten to meet and connect with so many people with the same condition as me.
And if you need to talk, or need anything from us, we’re always here to support you. :slight_smile:

Stay strong friend! You got this!

1 Like

Thank you for the link to the website that was really helpful :heart:

Thank you, I didn’t think about Facebook I’ll have to check that out