I need some help

I’m not sure what to do anymore. I’ve been depressed for a long time, and it seems like I’ll never get better. It’s getting to the point that it’s effecting my relationship with my girlfriend who I love deeply, as well as my friends. I don’t know what to do to fix this problem, and I just wanted to reach out here see if anyone had any advice. I feel like I’m constantly failing her and I don’t want to feel like this a total fuck up anymore. I know I need to do something, I just don’t know what.

2 Likes

Have you thought about talking to a psychologist? Maybe they can help you out and they are not there to judge you they are there to help you and guide you through things. We can’t do everything on our own sometimes we need help here and there.

Hey buddy.
You have done the 1st step to overcome your struggle with depression. It’s to share the struggle and openly speak about it. There is no shame about it and it is necessary to deal with it asap.
The best thing I have done during my hard times (when I have been depressed to the core and my anxiety wasn’t let me even get out from home) was finding good therapist and complete the therapy. It took some time but finally I succeed. It is important to have relationship with the therapist so don’t feel discouraged if the 1st one you’ll find will fail. I had like dozen of therapists before I found the correct one (but I live in a hole haha).
Good luck buddy. Stay strong and keep going. Don’t go on compromise and you will be fine!