I need your help/opinion

Hello everyone,
I usually prefer to walk rather than using public transport and today I noticed there’s really a lot of homeless people around.
I know it’s not much, but I thought it would be pretty rad to help them out by buying them lunch/dinner once a month (I can’t do more right now).

Do you think this would be a good idea or I should just not do it?

2 Likes

Hi @frapioggia! I think it’s personally a great idea. I’ve worked with the homeless before and many already feel completely invisible to the world around them. Even when I don’t have money or food, I stop to talk to them to make them feel seen. Getting them a meal would bless them more than you know.

That’s one thing I learned from friends and other homeless advocates is that you can usually tell who’s looking for money and who generally wants help—ask if you can buy them a meal. A lot will decline, but several will take you up on it. You’ll see much of yourself too as you befriend them.

Best of luck to you and let me know how it goes!

2 Likes

Any tips on how to tell who’s really in need for help?

Yeah! Sounds awesome! Just make sure to be safe (not because they are homeless but because they are strangers) This is actually a really cool idea. I applaud you for this.

1 Like

Ask them if they want food. Usually panhandlers will only take money.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.