I ran away last summer

I ran away last summer, i was 17 and my parents reacted poorly too me wanting to SH again and i ran away knowing they would contact police…i came back the next day and i STILL REALLY regret ever coming back i only did cus my mom was spiking my anxiety. I wish i had never come back I’m 18 now and STILL living with my parents i turn 19 this year in October i tried moving away right after turning 18 and it didn’t work out and i feel so alone. I wanna leave and never come back but I can’t. I don’t have the money It’s not fair. I wanna move out but i can’t work a job due to health and i have nowhere to go and no a homeless shelter isn’t an option. Idk what to do😔

4 Likes

Hello, Fallen_angel! I’m sorry that you do not get along with your parents and they do not seem to understand your mental health struggles.

What about your health prevents you from working? Are there any services in your country that can help people with your condition find jobs that can accommodate people with your condition? I hope that you can find a way to gain some independence from your family and find a way to strike out on your own.

Good luck, friend :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hi Fallen_angel,

I’m sorry that you are going through such a thing and nobody deserves to be in the situation that you are. I really hope that things get better for you soon. If you’re comfortable saying, what is stopping you from working health-wise?

With enough time I’m sure that you can manage to find a job and start making your own income to gain independence from your family. I believe in you

We are here to support you and encourage you :hrtlegolove: hope things get better soon

2 Likes

Hello there, Fallen_angel, I hope that you aren’t self-harming anymore. I hope that your health can improve (if it can). Your Mom was just trying to say what’s best for you. Living with your parents isn’t a bad thing. My 19-year-old cousin does it. Most do. Mostly because of college, they need to live with them still until they get applied for college. That’s what my cousin is doing. I bet that you’re an amazing, talented soul, who has a lot waiting for them in life. Never give up. Much love, Sh6dow

2 Likes

I live in a small town 45min away from a decent sized city wich i can’t get a job in cuz gas is so expensive. Severe mental health issues in chronic health issues prevent me from working at this time.

1 Like

@Fallen_angel

I’m so sorry that you have been feeling so stuck at home lately. Living in an environment that affects your well-being in some way should never be something to endure without any future perspective. It may be difficult and require some creativity in order to find a way to move out but it may not be impossible, even if it certainly feels like this for now.

As your mental health and health are affecting your ability to work, have you tried to look after information regarding any type of financial aid applicable in your country and current situation? Whether it is to recognize your diagnosis officially and their implications on your life, or helping you find alternative type of housing, it’s generally worth it to open some doors, ask questions and try to gather as much information as possible. As far as your health, is working not an option at all, or could remote jobs be of interest to you. If so, there could be some opportunities to find out there too.

Through all of this though, you are not alone. I know it feels very isolating right now and it’s hard to deal with deep feelings of helplessness because of life circumstances. You’ve acknowledged what you can’t do in this situation. To help you in times to come, I would encourage you shift this question to “what can I do?”, maybe not to directly move somewhere else, but at least to pave the way in this direction.

I believe in you. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.