I relapsed + some updates

Yesterday I finally caved in and went from 115 days clean to zero again. Though I didn’t relapse as bad as I thought I would.

These past few weeks but especially the last few days have been mentally exhausting and I just feel tired and unmotivated.

I’ll be getting medication for my depression soon and I found a new therapist that I will go to from now on. I’m also supposed to get something like a social worker somewhere in the future.

4 Likes

Hey friend, I’m so sorry things have been difficult for you recently.
I hope your new therapist can help and I’m so proud of you for realising some medication may also help you right now.
Know you’re always loved here. That count can be worked back up!

1 Like

Hi HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Relapses happen from time to time. Especially when we are going through something hard and exhausting. You are taking it bravely tho. It seems like no relapse can stop you :slightly_smiling_face:. That is good. Getting a medication is also good. You are strong and you can do pull through. I am wishing you all the luck.

1 Like

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Hiya Thanks so much for posting, I am so very glad you did because it would have been so easy not to after all that time.
I am sorry the past few weeks/days have been so exhausting, it is so hard sometimes isn’t it? I can certainly understand how someone can have a moment where they slip back into old habits, sometimes life just gets too hard for a brief time.
You have done so very well now you are getting your medication and a new therapist you are on the right track to setting off for another 115 days and ill be here to wish you well whenever you need it. So take a deep breath and on to Day 2 my friend. Good luck you can do it.
Much love to you
Lisa :heart:

2 Likes

hi @HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease ,

my friend, i am so sorry that these past few weeks and the past days have not been kind to you. it’s never easy to be beaten down by a long string of consecutive painful days. however, it would break my heart, after watching your amazing progress through your posts, to know that this relapse will halt your incredible 115 days clean momentum. i am so proud of you for getting to 115 days and although things dipped on the 116th, who’s to say the 117th can’t pick right back up on staying clean again? i believe in you to gather that strength to get back up again and remember how good it felt to reach big milestones like the 10th, 50th, even 100th day clean. don’t let 116 be the end. let’s get back up and keep moving forward, okay?

i’m really happy though that you’re getting the help you need in terms of getting a solid treatment plan for your depression and finding a new therapist. please keep us updated on how these things go, i’ll be rooting for you as i always do for you to reach a happier tomorrow.

love,
twix

2 Likes

Hey @HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease,

Thank you so much for sharing these updates with us. 115 days is a really huge milestone. There was a relapse, a bump on the road, but I hope that despite this you manage to see and embrace your progress. You’re not back to square zero. You keep moving on through a different season of your life maybe made of different obstacles and perspectives. But you are still learning, and the strength you’ve developped during these 115 days is still there. It will always be.

It takes a lot of strength as well to keep focusing on future and health perspectives such as this new medication, the new therapist and eventually meeting a social worker too. All of this will only solidify your resources and support system. I truly commend you for still looking at those goals despite the exhaustion and lack of motivation. You are resilient. You don’t let obstacles defeat you. Although I hope you take it easy when it’s needed and make sure to rest too.

You are loved so much. We believe in you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.