I resonate with this song on so many levels one be

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Staind - It's Been A While
I resonate with this song on so many levels one being my father he and I had a deteriorating relationship, the fighting at one point got so bad you could’ve mistaken it for the European theater ww2, partially my own fault among other things I lament on days of peace past when I was younger but since I’ve gone and fked things up just like I always do I often wonder if they’d ever be repaired yet instead my addiction to video games always allows me to escape the world of sorrow I am the steadfast architect of. It’s been awhile since I’ve had the light in my eyes. Why must I feel this way just make it go away. All that sht seems to go away when I’m with you. My mother who is the casualty of my holy crusade against my father unjustly or not I know not what consequences I render until they lie in my hands shattered beyond repair. It’s been a while since I’ve said I’m sorry for my transgressions and repeated injuries inflicted. I can not blame this on my father he did what he thought was right we both did. Yet failed to see the cost of war. It’s been a while since I could hold my head up high in good faith.

1 Like

First of all, I’m so glad you decided to share your story. It can be extremely difficult, but I commend you 100% for being able to recognize what you may have done and want to recify it. Is fixing the strain with your father something you’re looking to achieve? If so, I would definitely look into speaking with a professional about this before you start, because they may be able to give you some guidance on how to go about it. Especially since it’s something that would take time to fix and you want to make sure that you’re putting yourself first and protecting yourself, especially given what you’ve been through.

It may be a while, but you can get through this!

I want to start my commending you for admitting to your mistakes because the first step to dealing with any issue is to admit that one exists. On a personal note, I had a strong relationship with my father, so I understand the importance of repairing your relationship with your father. One way that I use to connect with my father was by writing letters and telling him how much I loved and appreciated him. Hence, I believe that you truly love your father and I hope that you guys find your way back to one another.

1 Like