I-sent-this-to-a-friend-but-i-do-think-i-needed-th - 1140

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38318
I sent this to a friend but I do think i needed this more than them. I’ve been struggling with a lot, including alcoholism, and Beartooth has been tapping into me like crazy. I love this band and your analysis has already helped. Thank you.

2 Likes

Oh man this song speaks, doesn’t it?? Awesome that you are sharing with a friend who is struggling. We so need to care for each other. We can’t do this journey alone. I hate that you too are struggling. Alcohol is such a great numbing agent, isn’t it. Boy it can bury the pain for a short while and help us forget not only that we hurt but also sometimes why. But then we can pay an ugly price for it. It beats our body and mind up, eats at our health and doesn’t change what’s really going on. But while we are drinking it - oh it can be sooo good. But it’s only a temporary fix for us. So my friend, you are so worth caring for yourself and your health. Are you getting any help at this time for the alcohol disuse? And are you getting any help for the things that are making you want to numb the pain? You deserve healing my friend, and sunshine and light and life. You matter.

2 Likes

@HeartSupport - Mental Health Community I cannot express how much just this comment meant to me. I’ve not been getting professional help, though I know I should. I’ve been trying to better a part of my life a step at a time. Alcohol is just one of the steps I’ve not gotten to yet. Though it may be the most important one.

2 Likes

You’ll know when you are ready to take that step into sobriety. I’m glad you’re recognizing your need for it. That is a good sign that you are moving toward that decision. I’m rooting for you in this. And I want you to know that we’re here anytime you want to talk about what is going on.

1 Like

@HeartSupport - Mental Health Community Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So thankful for you today as not only you think and care about your friend, but also because you’ve opened up here about your own struggles. It is a very brave step to take but to say “I’m struggling”, and to practice this vulnerability/authenticity so openly. I hear that you don’t feel ready yet to address the alcohol issue, but still it is such a major step to even recognize it, to mention it and to consider that it will be something to face at some point. It’s like, you’re practicing some raw honesty there – with others here but first and foremost with yourself. That is freaking strong, inspiring, and beautiful. I’m sorry though that you’ve been struggling with all of this, and I hope that you will make sure to not lead those fights just on your own. Shame is often part of the equation when we feel subjected to a substance - of any kind - but just in case this part of your mind becomes mean with you: there is no shame to have for struggling, for seeking ways to cope and survive, and for being human after all. For what it’s worth from a stranger like me, I’m proud of you today, I’m rooting for you, and hope you know that if you need support throughout this journey of yours, then you fully have it at Heartsupport. You matter so very much. :heart: