I should do this and I want to but I feel so insecure

So I’ve been kind of disconnected for a very long time. I’ve had friends, but I didn’t feel like I could open up to them when things got bad. Recently I found a friend and we have this thing in common that we love.
We’re planning to start a band together.
But I’m always so indecisive, and while I play the guitar, I also sing. I want to sing in our band and I think she does too. I don’t think both singing will work out and while this is so minor and so stupid I feel so insecure. I don’t know what to tell her. I haven’t told her. I’m freaking out over this and it’s so stupid. I never feel like it’s safe to open up to people. I want to tell the truth and yet I’m freaking out over something like this.

1 Like

Hey there,

Know that your feelings are valid and this isn’t stupid. I can understand the anxiety you have about this. Opening up to people and telling them how you feel isn’t the easiest thing. It sounds like something that definitely needs to be discussed and that’s what it is, a discussion. So that means you can each give your opinions and work something out! It’s just taking that first step in bringing it up. Good luck and I am excited for you about starting a band!!

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

Hi friend,

The best thing you can do is try to talk to her. To have any kind of relationship, be it friendship, romantic, a team or even a band, it requires communication. Without good communication, things will escalate.

So if you can, just try to approach her patiently and gently and share your feelings. And let her share hers. See if you guys can work things out. :heart:

Good luck to you friend. I know it can be hard expressing yourself sometimes. But it really does make things better.

Music is a good way to connect with others and to be more in-tune with your feelings. Just hold on and don’t give up. We are here for you.