I think have Borderline personality disorders

In August I went to a day program, where I got diagnose with general anxiety disorder. We did talk about I might have borderline personality disorder. She it more anxiety which make sense, however I do feel that borderline make sense too.

Today I have violent impulse to hurt people that I are close to me like my mom, friends, women and kids. It really mess up and freak me out. A lot me living with my parents, being a virgin and being ugly. Some I can go calm to angry out of no where. I feel always have to be right, canā€™t accept defeat and donā€™t want to be in the wrong. Having hurt to say abuse stuff to people and taking control. Iā€™m scare of dying alone and not having anyone, not having sex and going to hell for my sins.

Do you guys think I Borderline Personality Disorder?

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m no expert by any means, but thereā€™s a bit of a risk when people go down the self diagnosis hole only because it can make the anxiety heightened. Only a certified mental health professional can make a true diagnosis, so it could be worth going and having a chat with someone if you feel comfortable?
As far as anger goes, anxiety and depression take a big toll on peopleā€™s moods. It might be good to be able to sit down with someone and figure out your triggers and find some resolution to how to cope with those feelings a of anger.
For me it was as simple as talking to someone and finding ways to calm myself and talk myself through some questions like ā€œwhy did this trigger me?ā€ And ā€œin an hour would it still make me angry/annoyed?ā€ Itā€™s helped me to think about how I react and if itā€™s worth me venting about. Not saying thatā€™s what you have to do, itā€™s just an example of what helped meā€¦
but Iā€™m sure there would be some other steps to help figure this all out for you.
In the meantime itā€™s good youā€™re acknowledging how youā€™re feeling and whatā€™s going on!

1 Like

thanks for sharing. Iā€™ve found for me, that when I start ā€˜acting outā€™, it is because Iā€™ve been triggered, Iā€™m under stress, and Iā€™m overwhelmed. It feels like every emotion crashing in on me at once. When it happens, I struggle. In a heartbeat, I can be in a rage, that I am at a loss to understand why. However, I have never failed to find something at the bottom of my rages, usually its a stray thought, or something I saw, even sounds, can hi-jack my emotions. For me it stems from abuse and neglect, trauma.
It seems like youā€™re seeing that lashing out at people is not something you want to do, you feel badly for your actions, which tells me that you want to change this behavior. Being scared of dying, of being alone, of not having sex, and going to hell ā€¦ thatā€™s a lot to try to overcome at once, and Iā€™m not sure if you can actually Know what your future will be. :slight_smile:
Youā€™re acknowledging youā€™d like to change. Give YourSELF some credit! That is huge. Please stop dooming yourself to hell, and try to think of yourself as a work in progress, which is what we all are.
What would letting yourself lose control be like? Sometimes it is more scary for some people to let go of control.
As far as BPD, perhaps, but perhaps itā€™s just another label. I encourage you to explore your own feelings, and avoid labels for now. Sometimes when weā€™re labeled, we surrender to the label, and take that label as our true self.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.