I think I messed up

Again if anyone needs to know who K is, she’s someone that I love (though we both decided a relationship is a bad idea) and lives in Canada (I’m in the U.S.) Last night I pointed out one of her grammar mistakes as I do with everyone, but she decided to let me know this time that it sometimes hurts. This absolutely broke me. I had promised myself and her that I wouldn’t hurt her. She’s already not in a good situation mentally and emotionally. If that was all I’d have just apologized and all would have been good. But she said that she sort of knew that I wasn’t going to keep that promise, which I can understand, but that really hurt. I told her that it did. After that she deleted the message and I haven’t heard from her since. She’s normally on by now and even told me before that all happened that she’d be on by now. I’m worried for her.

1 Like

Hi friend, I’m sorry that you guys are struggling.

I get frustrated when people correct my grammar too. Most of the time I get it right. But once in a while my phone autocorrects something or I slip and make a typo. I often feel a little frustrated when someone constantly feels like they need to correct it when they probably understood what I was saying even with the grammatical error.

I can see why she’d feel bothered. But, perhaps there was something else going on that made her feel like she needed to take a step back.

I’d give her a little space first. Give it a few days. Let her have a moment to get over her frustration. Then after a few days to a week, reach out and check on her. Just ask how she’s doing. I wouldn’t repeat that You are sorry over and over. Doing that can also be annoying. Sometimes the best way to show you are sorry is by following it up with actions that prove you are. The word sorry can lose its meaning if it’s said too much.

Don’t worry too much friend. Sounds like she just needs time and space. And that’s okay. Doesn’t mean she won’t come around later. But from my own experiences, I have found that allowing people space, even when I want to talk to them, is a better idea. Because if you pressure someone when they aren’t ready, it can make it worse and make the amount of time they don’t want to talk even longer. So respecting space is important.

Reach out in a few days. Or you can send an email, letting them know that you are there when they are ready to talk. Then let them come to you.

I don’t know what the best option is here friend. But I hope the best for you guys and that you’re able to work through this.

Much love

• Kitty

In case anyone’s concerned, everything is okay now. She messaged me back and we both apologized excessively like we seem to do in situations like this.

2 Likes

I’m so glad things worked out :heart:

I’m so glad things worked out! Much love to you!