I think im done with life

Im only 15 years old and I cant seem to get it together. trying to be motivated just gets harder and harder. These past months i have slowly given up. I know I’m young but just looking at my life and how i am i just feel like i have no reason to be here yes i have dreams and goals but for some reason i just know in my heart i wont accomplish them. I completely given up going to school and the only time i find peace is when i sleep. Taking anti depressant pills does nothing for me. Every single time i get this feeling ill be okay it goes away i wasn’t born lucky and i cant understand my own brain .sometimes i feel sometimes I don’t . I don’t want help or friends or anyone to talk to I’m not worth the time to even try to talk to my brain cant comprehend anything I hate it I’m going crazy . i hope everyone can find there true meaning and I wouldn’t wish the feelings i have right now on my worst enemy its all my fault everything I’ve done in my life has leaded up to this moment

1 Like

First off, welcome to HeartSuppport. You came to the right place.

Second, the fact that you’re here tells me you haven’t given up all hope just yet. You want things to get better.

High school holds people back from their dreams. You have to spend 8 hours a day in that cinder block prison, doing what you’re told and not what you want to do. If you were in college I’d tell you to drop out and pursue what you love, but at 15 you don’t have much of a choice in that matter. What I can say is it gets better. It sucks right now, but I promise it will get better, and I promise that when you graduate you’ll be thankful to have the skills you learn there to go out into the world and do great things. Meanwhile, just find a way to survive.

I’ll tell you something that will upset your parents and teachers: grades don’t really matter that much as long as you pass. In the real world, a 70% success rate is actually pretty good. If you don’t have big dreams to get a scholarship to rocket school, just pass and start out at community college, if you want to go to college at all. You will save SO much money, and the quality of the education at CC is WAY better than at undergrad university.

No one worth anything was born lucky. If you want to be successful, you have to work for it, fight for it, really want it. You have dreams and goals, which is a lot more than some people have. It will take a few years to get there, there is no way to shortcut time, but keep your eyes on the prize and don’t let the bullshit distract you.

Lastly, you’re not alone. Your story is unique, but we have shared your struggles of trying to find identity and mental stability. We have been through unsuccessful courses of medication. We have resisted going to counseling, thinking that no one could possibly get it and we weren’t worth the time. We have felt like our life circumstances were totally our faults. I know you may not be ready to believe me when I say these are all lies your brain is telling you, but believe me when I say we get it. We have all been there, we all feel your pain, and we are here for you whenever you need us (depending on time zones).

Hold fast friend. You can do this.

3 Likes

Thank you so much . this really means alot to me. Those words of encouragement gave me hope and i really do have to just try and do what i want. Youre a complete stranger and you care for me and i appreciate that alot. (: im so happy that someone even replied thank you i needed that .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.