I think I'm going to die

Hey friends,

I haven’t been helping out in my time slot because frankly, I don’t think I can be very encouraging right now. I’ve been reading ReWrite because I’ve been cutting again. To be honest, it’s not helping and I don’t know if I’ll be alive much longer. I just need help or something. Idk what to do.

1 Like

Cutting releases endorphins and adrenaline which can help improve mood temporarily. If it is not helping and your mood is continuing to decline, tell someone right now. They need to take you to the hospital. The reason why is because right now your brain is not working the way it’s supposed to and you will need to look into medication. Our brains are complex organs and you need to realize that sometimes they just don’t work the way they are supposed to

1 Like

i understand that cutting can feel like it helps but it doesn’t - it may make you feel good shortterm but in the long run it’ll only make you worse. I believe in you - you’re strong and I know you can push through this.

1 Like

Hi @jillianelizabetta

I’m really sorry you’ve been feeling this way. I think Rewrite is a wonderful book and hopefully you’ll find some help or hope in those pages. I want you to know that even though you’ve found yourself at a dark time you are still worth love and life. You are worth being alive.

1 Like

@jillianelizabetta
“Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting.” - Kellin Quinn
Try to not think of it as cutting yourself, think of it as hurting yourself. It’s you, it’s always you by the end of the day who is the most important person in your life.
I have faith in you, and I would give you all my pride and hope and smiles if I could. We need you here. Others here, like me, are so lonely and seeing you makes us feel more alive. You are worthy of being alive. You deserve to live. Cutting isn’t going to be there for you when you fall.
We love you. I know your heart burns strong. Find a hobby, something to focus and pour yourself in.
You are beautiful, and your spirit does that. Don’t let anything snuff it out.

Die For You by Black Veil Brides

1 Like

Thank you for the comments. I talked to my doctor this morning and she’s changing my medicine, so hopefully I start to get better soon. I’m also going to continue working through ReWrite. So, just send positive thoughts and prayers my way, please.

2 Likes

I love that you’re continuing to maneuver through the pain to find new ways to progress and protect your hope. I hope with you that you will find freedom. But more importantly, in the meantime, I am proud of you for your perseverance. For your strength. For your courage. For your fight.

I’m praying that God would rescue your heart. That He’d come through for you. That He’d rally support and encouragement and people and friends around you to keep your hope and your heart afloat when you feel you’re going to sink. He is strong enough to carry you. He is loving enough to carry you. He is caring enough to know your struggle and to bring you what you need. I believe you’re going to overcome this – more than just being free from self-harm, but being freed into self-love. I pray this hope into your soul in the name of Jesus!

2 Likes

@jillianelizabetta I’ve been feeling that same way so much recently. It’s been pointed out to me that I’m trying to fight this battle alone and frankly, it makes it near impossible. Try and reach out, even if it’s to 1 person. We’re here for you and you can survive this.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like