I think I'm stuck and I'm missing out

I’m a freshman in college and I hate it. My mom almost forced me to go to a local college which is 3 minutes away from our house. I’ve been living in the same town my whole life and I feel like I’m missing out. All of my friends left for other colleges and I feel so alone. I want to get out but I don’t have a high enough GPA to get any scholarships. I haven’t made any friends at this college I am at right now and just go to class and go home. I feel spoiled that I’m unhappy in this college even though I have been given an opportunity that many have not gotten. I just feel like I’m not motivated enough to take any of my classes seriously. I would really want to go to a film school, it’s a topic I love and I feel like I would fit into an environment like that. I’m just not too sure right now because my parents are helping me pay for college and I just don’t want to be wasting their money at an institution I am incredibly unhappy at.

I’m sorry you feel this way. I understand how it feels to feel like you’re stuck somewhere that you don’t want to be, maybe even somewhere that you don’t really belong. Did your mom “almost force” you to go because you didn’t want to go to that specific college, or because you refused to go to any school? Have you had a conversation your parents about going to a different school? I mean, a serious conversation? Where you tell them how you feel and why you feel that way? They might be supportive of a move if they understand. I’m sorry I don’t have some wisdom to impart to you about this. I hope things work out for you.