I want to be less alone

I’ve deleted this three times now.
But I guess I’ve got to say something.

I haven’t been here in a while. And to be honest, I haven’t talked to anyone, virtually or in real life, for a while too.

I have a therapist now that I like. She’s cool.

Do you know that feeling when you’re struggling but “not enough” to reach out for help? Or is it just me? Might as well be just me…

I feel that way right now.
I don’t feel well, but I’m not in danger or something. I like the idea of some destructive things, but I’m not going to do any of them, I’m too exhausted anyways…

I want to talk to someone, but the friends who know about my struggle are busy or on vacation on the other side of the planet or simply overwhelmed by their own chaotic world.
And it’s not the kind of emergency that would justify calling my therapist in the middle of the night.
So I’m just alone here.

I wish I could cry. I wish I could let it all out, but it won’t work.
I just want to be held and I want someone to talk to me, or at me, I don’t know. I just want to be less alone right now.

I know writing on here won’t make anyone of you appear here to sit with me, but “at least” I was able to say how I feel. Even though I know no one cares or will read this.

Sorry for being here.

8 Likes

Hi there, well here’s one person to gently challenge a couple of those things :slight_smile:

I know writing on here won’t make anyone of you appear here to sit with me

• hello! here to listen!

but “at least” I was able to say how I feel. Even though I know no one cares or will read this.

• I care. A lot of us care. A lot of us will read this. You matter to us, and I hope you know this is a safe space for you here, top share whatever you want/need to!

Sorry for being here.

• THANK YOU for being here
2 Likes

Thank you for wasting a moment of your life to read a bit about my pathetic one.

1 Like

i try to choose wisely how I invest my time during the day, especially online. By choosing to reply to your post, that means it was important to me to 1) read, 2) reply, and 3) hang around to see if you replied :slight_smile:

so what’s up?
I’m glad you got a therapist, and I’m glad that things aren’t totally terrible either. Would you say you’re kinda just “meh” right now?
we can hang for a bit, see if just sharing your thoughts here can help ya a bit.

1 Like

This is definitely not just you. It’s so easy to slide into a way of life where you’re just functioning; going through the motions. It is exhausting you’re right and although you may feel alone, you’re not alone in feeling the way you do. I think you’re wrong that no one cares though.

I think if your brain is telling you that you need people, you need to be active in trying to reach out. Starting here is great, but it sounds like you’re craving face-to-face contact with people. I know you’re exhausted and that this must seem daunting. Maybe it’s something you could work up to in steps?

You can take back control over your life.

2 Likes

Hi there!

I am so proud that you have a therapist that you like. I am also proud that you posted on the wall, so people can encourage & support you.

You are wonderful. You are valid. You are enough. You are important.

2 Likes

Thank you for reading my post. I appreciate your words.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and write a response.

1 Like

Thank you for your words.

1 Like

It was all a bit too much. Everything that was going on at home and in my head.

I’m a bit better now.
It’s just very overwhelming to be alive.

2 Likes

This message is a simple reminder, @fiji, that you are loved so much. Your presence is a gift. And even during times of doubts or inner turmoil, you are never truly alone.

I hope with all my heart that you are slowly feeling the depth and beauty of life - the majestic parts it has to offer to you, not just the pain it brings sometimes for being alive and breathing. There is so much life around and within you. So much strength in our cracks too.

How beautiful and special you are, friend. May today be another opportunity for you to rise and shine. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you. I mean it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.