I want to get better

I had been dealing with an eating disorder since I was 6, I am 17 now, and There was a time were I will make my self throw up, also as part of my social anxiety, but Yesterday I was like 30 minutes on a bathroom on the floor caring, because I was on a party I didn’t want to be, and I they give me a lot of food, and I just wanted to throw up, the only person that help me was my little sister, that is 2 years old, and my dad thinks that I want to call the attention. I don’t know if one day I could be ok with him.

2 Likes

My best non expert advice on this is to get professional counseling. Eating disorders do tie in with mental health and the anxiety could be a part of that. Eating disorders are very tough mentally and physically. I would say they are rarely ever only for attention. I encourage you to keep going and try to push past the negativity. And when you’re up to eating again, try something healthy to help clear your head. Hope this helps.
-Trevor

2 Likes

Hey there.

I agree with said above poster. You may need some more professional assistance. However, what we as a community can do is be a rock for you to lean on till you can find the means and strength to get said assistance.

As to your father. Me and my pops never really seen eye to eye for a very long time for various reasons. However (mine worked put of town a lot and didn’t see me grow up and on my heard all of the dumb stuff and xyz and still saw me as a teen) however, there is no easy path to repairing your relationship with him. It is a long slow painful road. But it will get better but it takes time.

Not to pry but is there a guidance counselor/teacher at the school a relative or an adult you trust you can maybe share with and can confide in? Out side of your parents? Its just a thought. Body image issues suck the big one. Your feelings are valid and please do not hesitate to reach out again.

You were brave for sharing and thank you for that.

2 Likes

Thanks, it helps me a lot, people not judging me, and I am in some therapy to help me with my eating disorder.

3 Likes

Wanting to get better is like half of the battle. I’m encouraged, reading these comments. Positivity will attract positivity and hope will attract hopeful people. The complexities of an eating disorder are beyond my understanding but I acknowledge that you have a tough situation to work through. As you get older, you’ll forgive your father for his nearsightedness and/or lack of empathy. You’re going to have to accept him as he is and move from there. The older people get, the more they get stuck in your ways. You can learn from him and maybe eventually be a mirror to him. People tell me all of the time, " you can only control yourself and what you do." It sounds like you’re pretty mature and you understand reality and I think you definitely can overcome these obstacles but like they said, it might be a long hard journey. Thank you for sharing and I hope you find encouragement on here or elsewhere today.

1 Like