I was threatened yesterday

I had a huge scare yesterday I got a threatening message on Facebook from some random person I don’t know nor have I ever met or spoken to and it put me on the deep edge. I called the police made a formal report and they have it on record but I wasn’t able to sleep last night I had a podcast I was going to go to that missed because I overslept thinking the person was going to carry out the threat. I’m a social and civil activist and I live in a place where the majority of the people are ultranationalists and they are very violent when it comes to their home country so I take seriously. The police officer said I did the right thing making a report and to watch out if anything else happens. But I was triggered it reminded me what happened to me in my past with my stalker. .

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you were threatened, @ranma1983. I can’t imagine how stressful it is for you, especially since this is triggering an older situation that you’ve been through. I really hope that you manage to relax despite what happened. You really did the right thing by reporting it to the police. It’s important not to normalize that kind of message/attitude, even when it’s online. I hope you won’t hear about this person again and it was “just” a lost threat as many people can easily do online. Please take care of yourself. Be safe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.